Full Time Job
Accounts Payable Specialist
Simon & Schuster
- Full Time
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Job DescriptionSimon & Schuster has been named to Forbes magazine list of ''America's Best Mid-Size Employers 2022.''
Simon & Schuster is a global leader in general interest publishing, dedicated to providing the best in fiction and nonfiction for readers of all ages, and in all printed, digital and audio formats. Its distinguished roster of authors includes many of the world's most popular and widely recognized writers, and winners of the most prestigious literary honors and awards. It is home to numerous well-known imprints and divisions such as Simon & Schuster, Scribner, Atria Books, Gallery Books, Pocket Books, Adams Media, Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing and Simon & Schuster Audio and international companies in Australia, Canada, India and the United Kingdom, and proudly brings the works of its authors to readers in more than 200 countries and territories.
For more information visit our website at www.simonandschuster.com.
• Process invoices/check requests assuring proper coding, backup and approvals in accordance with company policy
• Approve Concur invoices for payment
• Review invoice on hold report and resolve any items which need to be fully processed in Oracle
• Assist with escheatment of checks
• Assist with 1099MISC yearly mailing
• Assist with providing backup documents for SOX404 testing
• Provide assistance to Manager of A/P on regular and special projects, as needed
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
• BA/BS, - Business/Economics (preferred), can be waived with significant relevant experience
• 0-2 year work experience
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Oracle experience preferred
• Strong analytical skills; analyze data, identify problems and make recommendations for changes.
• Ability to get along with outside vendors and S&S employees at all levels.
• Proficiency with computer programs such as Oracle and Concur
• Ability to speak clearly and communicate effectively.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Highly organized with ability to multi-task and prioritize work volume.
Scheduled Work Hours: Monday-Friday 9:00 AM TO 6:00 PM
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
Paramount believes in creating environments that allow our primary focus to remain on providing entertainment, education and information to our millions of viewers around the world. As part of this commitment to health and safety, Paramount requires COVID-19 vaccines for current US employees, including all newly hired employees, subject to applicable law. Union employees are subject to the agreement reached between the Company and the applicable Union.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8qewm-18-232-52-135-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Simon & Schuster
BET Networks is the nation's leading provider of quality entertainment, music, news, and public affairs television programming for the African-American audience. The primary BET channel reaches more than 90 million households and can be seen in the United States, Canada, the Caribbean, the United Kingdom, and sub-Saharan Africa.