West Hollywood, CA
The VP, Programming will be responsible for the development and production oversight of premium scripted series, including drama, comedy, and limited series. This position creatively leads oversees all aspects of all development steps including but not limited to the pre-production, production, and post-production as well as serving as the network liaison for projects through delivery and release.
• Seeks out and meets with top creators and storytellers. Represents the network within the creative community to define the creative needs of the network.
• Foster relationships with high level agents, producers, and talent.
• Bring in potential projects for development or acquisitions through pitches or submissions from outside companies.
• Tracks competitive projects, industry trends + deals, and maintains awareness of the ever-evolving TV marketplace and distributors.
• Identify and cultivate new and existing talent platforms and outlets, including emerging creators.
• Evaluates pitches and creative materials and provides feedback to supervisor regarding the content and creative appropriateness for network.
• Analyze new program pitches to determine viability of concept, production concerns/challenges, cost of production and creative direction with an understanding of the network's brand and audience.
• Provides clear and productive notes that serve to strengthen the project as a potential show for the network.
• Ensures that productions are on schedule and within the approved budget.
• Works on set to supervise production, providing feedback and notes as needed.
• Responsible for staffing of writing and directing talent for scripted pilots and current series.
• Effectively collaborates across several departments including Production, Legal, Business Affairs, Distribution, PR, Marketing, and Finance to ensure all projects meet creative expectations.
• Collaborates with EVP of Scripted Programming to execute overall scripted programming strategy.
• Communicate and help resolve conflicts diplomatically.
• Review and track television ratings for measurement of program performance, publicity, and market trends.
• Facilitate necessary approvals, materials, and information across various departments managing and communicating the flow of information, materials, dates, schedules etc. to EVP and greater team.
• Reviews all rough and final cuts of shows for broadcast standards for air quality.
• Reviews and approves promos and press releases.
• Manages talent and other job-related duties or projects as assigned.
• Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science Degree or equivalent related work experience.
• Minimum 8+ years of relevant experience in scripted programming at a network, studio, or production company.
• Excellent communication, strategic, presentation, creative and storytelling skills.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects under time constraints.
• Strong leadership skills with solid operational and financial acumen.
• Proven track record of production operations, i.e. budgets, etc.
• Strong PC skills with Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to prioritize work in order to meet deadlines.
SHOWTIME continues to make its mark across the cultural landscape with one of the most successful programming lineups in television. The SHOWTIME programming slate features original series including Emmy® nominated limited series ESCAPE AT DANNEMORA, BILLIONS, HOMELAND, SHAMELESS, THE CHI, RAY DONOVAN, THE AFFAIR, KIDDING, BLACK MONDAY, THE LOUDEST VOICE, CITY ON A HILL, THE L WORD: GENERATION Q, BACK TO LIFE, WORK IN PROGRESS and ON BECOMING A GOD IN CENTRAL FLORIDA. The network's eclectic, brand-defining programming is further distinguished by the captivating offerings of SHOWTIME Documentary Films, including docuseries THE CIRCUS: INSIDE THE WILDEST POLITICAL SHOW ON EARTH, Emmy-nominated WU-TANG CLAN: OF MICS AND MEN and THE FOURTH ESTATE and documentary films THE KINGMAKER and READY FOR WAR. SHOWTIME Sports continues to dominate with its flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING® and the Emmy Award-winning series INSIDE THE NFL. SHOWTIME is currently available to subscribers via cable, DBS and telco providers, and as a stand-alone streaming service through Amazon, Apple®, Google, LG Smart TVs, Oculus Go, Roku®, Samsung and Xbox One. Consumers can also subscribe to SHOWTIME via Amazon's Prime Video Channels, DirecTV Now, FuboTV, Hulu, Sling TV and YouTube TV. The network's authentication service, SHOWTIME ANYTIME, is available at no additional cost to SHOWTIME customers who subscribe to the network through participating providers. Subscribers can also watch on their computers at www.showtime.com and www.showtimeanytime.com.
SHOWTIME continues to make its mark across the cultural landscape with one of the most successful programming lineups in television.