Sr Marketing Research Analyst
West Hollywood, CA
Showtime Networks Inc. (SNI) is looking for a Vice President, Awards.
This position has the responsibility for establishing and executing the year-round awards strategy for SHOWTIME programming. The position reports to the Executive Vice President, Communications.
Responsibilities will include:
Engineer and execute award strategy for all network programming (comedy, drama, limited and non-fiction) with leadership and membership of all award organizations, including For Your Consideration mailings and events.
Manage a awards staff, external consultants and agencies.
Oversee and manage annual Awards budget.
Facilitate talent participation in award ceremonies and industry events, working directly with the Talent Relations and Events department.
Establish aesthetic, branding and awareness goals for FYC campaigns through collaboration with top-level executives, the creative design team and marketing, showrunners, studio partners and talent representatives.
Liaison with leaders and nominating bodies of the TV Academy, guilds and other awards organizations.
Facilitate access of all award-eligible programming to more than 30 award organizations on an annual basis.
Work with marketing and agency teams to build and execute media plans for all awards campaigns.
Identify the best representation of specific craft work across programming in the form of clips, reels, and unit photography for award submission and promotion.
Produce and edit essays, loglines and synopses for award submissions and promotion.
Research and archive award statistics and supplemental materials, including a competitive assessment.
Create talking points for moderator questions to highlight specific areas of achievement and interest for talent on FYC panels.
• At least 10+ years of awards experience and knowledge of public relations, preferably in a broadcast, cable, streaming, agency or premium network setting.
• Ability to be creative, strategic and inventive as well as detail-oriented, deadline-sensitive with an ability to multi-task.
• Strong awards industry relations with extensive media and key industry contacts, with special emphasis on leadership in awards organizations and the trade press.
• Demonstrated skill in advertising campaigns, event planning, talent relations and writing/editing.
• A proven leader, decision-maker and problem-solver.
• Strong management skills required with experience supervising staff, the ability to delegate work, and provide guidance to employees.
• Ability to be results-oriented, a strategic and analytical problem solver and autonomous in handling issues that arise.
• Experience in running a detailed budget across awards initiatives.
• Ability to be forward-thinking and self-motivated.
SHOWTIME continues to make its mark across the cultural landscape with one of the most successful programming lineups in television. The SHOWTIME programming slate features original series including Emmy® nominated limited series ESCAPE AT DANNEMORA, BILLIONS, HOMELAND, SHAMELESS, THE CHI, RAY DONOVAN, THE AFFAIR, KIDDING, BLACK MONDAY, THE LOUDEST VOICE, CITY ON A HILL, THE L WORD: GENERATION Q, BACK TO LIFE, WORK IN PROGRESS and ON BECOMING A GOD IN CENTRAL FLORIDA. The network's eclectic, brand-defining programming is further distinguished by the captivating offerings of SHOWTIME Documentary Films, including docuseries THE CIRCUS: INSIDE THE WILDEST POLITICAL SHOW ON EARTH, Emmy-nominated WU-TANG CLAN: OF MICS AND MEN and THE FOURTH ESTATE and documentary films THE KINGMAKER and READY FOR WAR. SHOWTIME Sports continues to dominate with its flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING® and the Emmy Award-winning series INSIDE THE NFL. SHOWTIME is currently available to subscribers via cable, DBS and telco providers, and as a stand-alone streaming service through Amazon, Apple®, Google, LG Smart TVs, Oculus Go, Roku®, Samsung and Xbox One. Consumers can also subscribe to SHOWTIME via Amazon's Prime Video Channels, DirecTV Now, FuboTV, Hulu, Sling TV and YouTube TV. The network's authentication service, SHOWTIME ANYTIME, is available at no additional cost to SHOWTIME customers who subscribe to the network through participating providers. Subscribers can also watch on their computers at www.showtime.com and www.showtimeanytime.com.
SHOWTIME continues to make its mark across the cultural landscape with one of the most successful programming lineups in television.