Sr Manager, Product Analytics
New York, NY
We're Showtime (part of the ViacomCBS family) and we have some of the most groundbreaking original programming in the industry, including Emmy and Golden Globe winners like Homeland, Ray Donovan, Billions, Shameless and Dexter. This position is within the company's Product team, where we manage SHOWTIME our stand-alone OTT streaming service, and Showtime Anytime, our TV Everywhere offering.
As part of the Product Data and Analytics team, you will help us establish and maintain the integrity of a precious resource - our data -- by trying to break it. Using your ingenuity and understanding of our business, you will attempt to find gaps, errors and inconsistency in data collections related to program viewership, subscription lifecycles and more. Ideally, you have 4+ years experience mining and validating large data sets, you can be both detail-oriented and aware of the business' big picture, and you get excited about the prospect of creatively devising tests to expose data flaws. To do this, you will need to have better-than-working knowledge of SQL and preferably some experience with Hive/Spark and Python/R.
What you will do:
• Act as a bridge between Data Engineering and Data Science
• Develop detailed knowledge of the SHOWTIME and Showtime Anytime KPIs and their relationship to user behavior.
• Fully understand Showtime's business rules in importing and creating data collections.
• Use queries and other methods of data analysis to certify changes to data while validating new data collections.
• Partner with product managers, engineers and analysts to determine the root cause of issues interfering with gathering accurate data and prioritize resolution.
• Write test cases, develop automation strategies, and use tracking tools to file, monitor and resolve data issues.
• Communicate clearly and frequently with all team members, stakeholders and project/product owners impacted by test and troubleshooting results.
• Experience addressing issues of data integrity; proven ability to mine and validate data across structured and unstructured data sets
• Moderate to advanced SQL experience with the ability to seamlessly query multiple data sets
• Experience writing automated test-cases and data validation processes with Python or R is a significant plus
• Good communication skills and a healthy sense of humor
• An unwavering attention to detail and the ability to persist/follow up on issues that require input from multiple people in order to be resolved
• Strong documentation skills with the ability to log and concisely express technical data issues
SHOWTIME continues to make its mark across the cultural landscape with one of the most successful programming lineups in television. The SHOWTIME programming slate features original series including Emmy® nominated limited series ESCAPE AT DANNEMORA, BILLIONS, HOMELAND, SHAMELESS, THE CHI, RAY DONOVAN, THE AFFAIR, KIDDING, BLACK MONDAY, THE LOUDEST VOICE, CITY ON A HILL, THE L WORD: GENERATION Q, BACK TO LIFE, WORK IN PROGRESS and ON BECOMING A GOD IN CENTRAL FLORIDA. The network's eclectic, brand-defining programming is further distinguished by the captivating offerings of SHOWTIME Documentary Films, including docuseries THE CIRCUS: INSIDE THE WILDEST POLITICAL SHOW ON EARTH, Emmy-nominated WU-TANG CLAN: OF MICS AND MEN and THE FOURTH ESTATE and documentary films THE KINGMAKER and READY FOR WAR. SHOWTIME Sports continues to dominate with its flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING® and the Emmy Award-winning series INSIDE THE NFL. SHOWTIME is currently available to subscribers via cable, DBS and telco providers, and as a stand-alone streaming service through Amazon, Apple®, Google, LG Smart TVs, Oculus Go, Roku®, Samsung and Xbox One. Consumers can also subscribe to SHOWTIME via Amazon's Prime Video Channels, DirecTV Now, FuboTV, Hulu, Sling TV and YouTube TV. The network's authentication service, SHOWTIME ANYTIME, is available at no additional cost to SHOWTIME customers who subscribe to the network through participating providers. Subscribers can also watch on their computers at www.showtime.com and www.showtimeanytime.com.
FUNCTION: Software Engineering
SHOWTIME continues to make its mark across the cultural landscape with one of the most successful programming lineups in television.