Sr. Data Engineer - Product
New York, NY
Showtime Networks seeks an exceptional Sr. Android Engineer. An ideal candidate will be innovative, self‐motivated, a quick study, and eager to develop new skills. In this position, you will take a key role in developing our award‐winning SHOWTIME stand-alone streaming service applications, our Showtime Anytime TV everywhere applications, and our Hotel applications across many Android‐based platforms, including mobile, Android TV, Fire Tablet and Amazon Fire TV.
This position is for a Sr. Android Engineer with wide experience, ideally with deep core and media knowledge, as well as understanding of the backend APIs necessary to build successful media applications. Our Android applications are installed on millions of devices, and provide our award-winning content to millions of users. At Showtime, we're building the future of television, pushing onto new platforms... And along the way, we get to play with some great tech.
Kotlin, Java, Android SDK, SQLite, media playback, etc.
• Be involved in all stages of Android development from architecture to coding to final testing
• Work as part of an Agile team to deliver high quality applications
• Collaborate with the product team to plan, design and execute new features
• Expert at Java and Android development
• Independent, energetic, and capable
• Great communication and collaboration skills, and a strong teamwork ethic
• Knowledge of client/server architectures, syncing and caching approaches
• Experience writing and debugging multi‐threaded code
• Experience with continuous delivery (automation of all processes throughout the software development lifecycle); e.g. automated builds, automated tests, and automated deployments
• Experience with cloud services
• Full stack‐developer that can work on both the front‐end and back‐end of an application
• Experience with streaming video, codecs, and DRM
• Experience with ExoPlayer
FUNCTION: Software Engineering
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv1kb7-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.