Overview & Responsibilities:
The Senior Director, Sports Communication will have the chance to lead and own the day-to-day strategy and execution of consumer and trade publicity campaigns for live combat sports events, multiple unscripted sports documentary programs, plus INSIDE THE NFL on Paramount+! They will manage department outreach both internally and externally under the supervision of the Senior Vice President, as well as on-site event PR logistics, talent relations (athletes and on-air), VIP relations, television production logistics, writing/editing written material, and supporting digital content production teams.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Lead and build campaigns with the Sports Communications team including creation (writing, editing) and dissemination of primary publicity elements (news releases, bios, photo/video assets)
• Build and deliver creative campaigns with messaging that resonates with network subscribers, PPV buyers, affiliates, and sports fans.
• Develop and nurture relationships with media sources, key reporters, producers, columnists, including developing new relationships with journalists at leading news, pop culture, and sports outlets.
• Fulfill press requests including arranging interviews, pitching story ideas, and acquiring editorial placement.
• Coordinate event logistics: production, staff, and vendor logistics at boxing events, on-location television shoots, public events, and press conferences.
• Write, edit and disseminate internal and external communications (event announcement, messaging details, etc.)
• Serve as liaison between marketing, digital, production, on-air talent, and athletes, managers, event promoters, organizers, etc.
• Coordinate multiple publicity campaigns fulfilling press and inter-departmental requests for event information simultaneously.
• Creatively identify newsworthy opportunities specific to each event/athlete.
• Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, English, or equivalent field.
• 5+ years of experience in public relations, communications or sports /internship, and/or employment or equivalent experience.
• A passion and interest in sports preferred!
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and communication skills.
• Proven ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities (i.e. last-minute changes to live television show, event logistics, fight card; business travel both nationally and internationally)and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g33pb5-3-238-232-88-42 in your application.