Overview and Responsibilities
This position is responsible for managing the process and implementing all aspects of the monthly linear and non-linear program plans and schedules for Showtime's branded networks as assigned. Also, including any and all related analytical work. The Manager, Program Planning & Scheduling works with the Senior Vice President, Program Planning & Scheduling on monthly strategies for each programming service so that the plans and schedules fulfill all basic targeted strategies, are well-balanced from a creative and product usage standpoint and deliver the maximum audience in all dayparts. This position may function as a department representative at key operational meetings, communicating back to senior department executives. Essential to this role is a very strong knowledge of movies and film history!
• With oversight by the SVP, develop and execute the monthly linear program plans and schedules as assigned. Ensure that the plans and schedules are balanced, distinctive and complementary to other cable services, as well as adhere to financial guidelines.
• With oversight by the SVP and in collaboration with both Theatrical and Sports Finance and Original Programming Finance, analyze and plan both acquired and original programming on Showtime linear channels. Ensure that contractual and amortization obligations are met and residual costs are optimized.
• Analytical projects and presentations -- related to Showtime's programming as well as to Showtime's competitors -- as assigned.
• Screen movies and other programs assigned to a particular month in order to determine content issues and provide ratings and advisory recommendations. Determine the most effective placement for each individual product, ensure sensitive and responsible treatment of R-rated or equivalent movies.
• Work assignments, procedures and specific actions to take in the scheduling and communications processes are clearly understood and executed each month. Work is reviewed by the SVP.
• 3+ years of related industry experience (e.g.: research, content acquisitions, program planning/scheduling, or multiplatform scheduling)
• Strong working knowledge of feature films and television
• Must be comfortable working with numbers
• Excellent writing skills
• Very strong organizational skills as well as a strong sense of priority and effective decision-making skill
• BA/BS Degree with courses in communication and film highly desirable
• Intermediate MS Excel and Powerpoint skills
• Prior experience and understanding of television research and film evaluation is preferred
• Comfortable working with finance
• Must be able to handle several tasks simultaneously while ensuring accuracy under severe time constraints
• Must be good at follow-through and be able to communicate effectively with both superiors and subordinates
• Strong sense of interdepartmental needs, deadlines, etc. and the ability to interface effectively with others both inside and outside the company!
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjq0kw-3-229-142-91-42 in your application.