Overview & Responsibilities
The manager serves as a day-to-day contact for the core media agency team and shepherds series-specific media plans from target build through performance analysis. This involves internal management of Showtime deliverables for series media planning and presentation of media plans to marketing executives. The manger also leads the monthly billing process, working directly with both internal and agency finance teams, ensuring accuracy of invoices and accruals.
Insights with media strategy development, off-network media planning, and day-to-day department operations. This cross-functional role is uniquely positioned to partner with marketing analytics counterparts to provide campaign insights for marketing snapshots, campaign post-mortems, and other analysis. We are looking for someone who is detail oriented and highly collaborative.
This position will report to the Senior Director or Senior Manager of Media, Marketing Strategy & Insights.
• Support the Senior Director with background research for development of marketing strategy for individual series alignment.
• In partnership with media AOR and Senior Director, guide the development of marketing target and integrated advertising strategies for Showtime tune-in campaigns.
• Lead the day-to-day management of Showtime series media planning, which includes:
• Running weekly media status meetings with the agency-of-record (AOR)
• Take leading role in briefing the agency on campaign media strategies.
• Serving as the primary contact for all campaign efforts with Showtime internal departments and media agency
• Developing media slides for marketing producer decks and presenting media plans to executive level management
• Represent the Media, Marketing Strategy and Insights team alongside peers in cross-functional meetings with Program Marketing, Digital Marketing, Promotions, On-Air, etc. and disseminate planning decisions to help cross-functional departments activate campaigns.
• Review and refine multi-channel media plans and targeting to ensure alignment with overall series marketing and business objectives.
• Supported by the media coordinator or supervisor, thoroughly review all media buys from media AOR, including: national and local television, radio, outdoor, digital and social. Assure plans are aligned with media strategy, in line with budget, flighted accurately and executable based on production schedules.
• Participate in all offline and online production meetings. Serve as media representative to aid in production calls during series media plan execution.
• Collaborate with peers across departments to find opportunities for campaign optimization!
• At least five years working in entertainment marketing with a focus on media strategy, planning, and activation.
• Extensive knowledge of marketing, advertising and media planning principles, with a working knowledge of interactive TV applications and buying methods.
• Media agency experience heavily preferred
• Constantly stays abreast of digital trends, new technologies, entertainment streaming platforms, social media community developments, brand partnership collaborations, and first-to-market advertising opportunities.
• Highly developed verbal and presentation skills -- comfortable presenting to large audiences with Power Point and capable of answering questions about data and insights from senior leadership
• Great attention to detail and comfort managing several projects simultaneously
• Passion for the entertainment space and Showtime's programming! Strong knowledge and understanding of the cable television industry, particularly the premium content business, including the programming, marketing, and distribution aspects of the competitive category.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7nex9-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.