Overview & Responsibilities
We are looking for a Manager to be responsible for assisting the Directors in brand management and development of strategic marketing campaigns. The Manager is also responsible for managing the tactical development and execution of consumer advertising campaigns to generate awareness and drive tune-in for Showtime scripted and non-fiction programming.
• Assists Directors in developing strategic campaign documents, Kickoff Decks, Marketing Plans.
• Manages all details of a project copy rotation and acquires necessary details from Media, Campaign Management and external agencies to accurately direct creative, production departments and external digital agencies on the execution of advertising tactics.
• With Directors, reviews and provides input on Key Art and Video concept development.
• Helps execute on and lead all aspects of brainstorming sessions with internal marketing departments and external agency partners.
• In conjunction with team, oversee monthly budget tracker, submit SOWs/MSAs, invoices, etc.
• Develops in depth knowledge of Showtime programming (series/pilots) by reading scripts, watching episodes.
• With mentorship from Directors, build a fruitful work environment for direct report (s), which demonstrates leadership and an emphasis on development of skills.
• Strives to be a specialist in the television landscape and is aware of industry trends. Monitors press, competitive advertising, Showtime's success in the marketplace, as well as other insights on program marketing/advertising. Makes a point to be inclusive with sharing information across teams.
• Ensures all Showtime consumer advertising tactics are executed on time and on budget.
• Keeps digital agency vendor relationships in good standing, serving as primary contact for campaign which includes briefing, supplying creative assets, and reviewing and providing feedback on multiple executions and units.
• Coordinates online advertising with SHO Media and external media agency. With executional tactics, Manager is first line of creative review before Director and VP.
• College degree or higher preferred.
• Minimum of 3-5 years experience as an account executive, brand/consumer marketing manager, advertising manager (or similar role) in a fast-paced marketing or media/digital agency environment.
• A solid knowledge and understanding of the core aspects of entertainment marketing, including advertising, media, digital & social marketing, research, consumer behavior, and strategy.
• High level of creativity! Knowledge of the creative process, advertising field, print, and broadcast production a plus. An understanding of the pillars of good design and aesthetics.
• Leadership - demonstrates ability to influence others both directly and indirectly. Is persuasive and able to present opposing thoughts/ideas to other parties and achieve results that satisfy all parties involved. Possess confident presentation skills and the ability to lead meetings.
• Gains trust and respect from peers and internal/external creative agencies. Establishes themselves as a dependable resource – others perceive them as a ''go to'' person for their respective area.
• Proactively works above and beyond normal job responsibilities.
• Understand role of one's work within larger context of business goals and environment and make suggestions accordingly. Able to make connections between a project/initiative as it exists today and how it can be adapted, broadened, or enhanced for another application. Able to make recommendations that make smart business sense.
• This person will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. There is a great deal of writing and meeting participation which demands these abilities, and they will constantly keep the Directors appraised of all critical project information.
• Strong organizational skills, dedication to detail, flexibility and endurance are needed to balance a multitude of tasks simultaneously in a time-sensitive manner.
• This person should exhibit strong problem solving skills, and demonstrate a strategic mind-set in a fast-paced environment.
• This person should possess the ability to function well in a collaborative, environment and be able to build and foster successful working relationships.
• An enthusiasm for television, entertainment and an interest in innovative marketing!
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3k1b9-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.