Showtime is seeking a Director, Production Finance that is able to collaborate with various stakeholders in production accounting operations and finance for our original programming. This is an ideal position for someone who has a comprehensive understanding of production finance and accounting and is looking to bring their strong competencies to a fast-paced industry leader. Key duties will include the oversight of productions, budgeting and facilitating proper reporting of costs to the FP&A group. This position will work cross-functionally to directly support Production Finance FP&A, Corporate Finance, Business Affairs, Production, Treasury and Tax. This position will report to the VP, Production Finance.
The ideal candidate will be highly detail-oriented, possess strong communication skills, be able to process many tasks simultaneously with accuracy and take the initiative to drive process improvements.
• Working closely with production accountants to ensure compliance with Showtime's accounting policies and procedures.
• Collaborating with production and business affairs during the budgeting process on scripted series, non-fictions series, unscripted series, and documentaries.
• Digesting production cost reports and hot costs to certify costs are accurately reported and partner with FP&A to communicate changes.
• Monitoring production payroll to ensure proper guild/union accounting related to rates and fringes.
• Handling digital production accounting office systems, initiatives, and processes.
• Managing and provide guidance on complex multi-state and international tax incentive structures in multi-currency environments.
• Coordinating location production audits to ensure compliance with Showtime and SOX policies and procedures.
• Providing guidance on payroll tax and labor issues in multi-state and international production environments.
• Liaising with production bank and payroll service representatives.
• Resolving guild inquiries.
• Reviewing production cash flow schedules.
• Various ad hoc analysis and projects.
• 7-10 years of experience, preferably with some field production accounting experience on scripted series.
• Solid understanding of controllership accounting and entertainment industry best practices.
• Knowledge of tax incentives, payroll processes, union labor agreements and tax requirements.
• Bachelors degree strongly preferred
• The ideal candidate:
• Has strong communication skills with the ability to interact with senior management and other high-level industry executives.
• Exhibits diplomacy, discretion, versatility and reliability
• Works effectively and efficiently under pressure and tight deadlines.
• Utilizes knowledge and experience to exercise sound business judgment and make independent decisions.
• Thinks big-picture and can conceptualize the need for and effectively implement process improvements.
• Is willing to challenge the status quo, advocate for Showtime's diverse and inclusive culture, and always act in Showtime's best interest.
SHOWTIME continues to make its mark across the cultural landscape with one of the most successful programming lineups in television - featuring critically acclaimed original series, provocative documentaries, box-office hit films, comedy and music specials and hard-hitting sports. SHOWTIME has an unparalleled roster of hit original content, including some of the top scripted series in cable: SHAMELESS and BILLIONS. The network is the home to rich, bold and inventive storytelling in series like THE CHI, THE L WORD: GENERATION Q, CITY ON A HILL, WORK IN PROGRESS, BACK TO LIFE and BLACK MONDAY, along with limited series THE GOOD LORD BIRD, YOUR HONOR and THE COMEY RULE. Unscripted programming includes the brand's first ever late-night talk show, DESUS & MERO. Recent lauded docu-series and documentary films include COUPLES THERAPY, LOVE FRAUD, OUTCRY, THE REAGANS, KINGDOM OF SILENCE and BELUSHI, as well as Emmy®-winning news series VICE and political documentary series THE CIRCUS.
JOB CATEGORY: Finance