Warner Music Group
New York, NY
The primary responsibility of the Product Data Scientist is to utilize experimentation, machine learning and visualization techniques to drive insights and to help power data-driven features like recommendations for SHOWTIME, our stand-alone streaming service, and Showtime Anytime, our TV Everywhere service.
In this role, reporting to the VP of Product Data, the Product Data Scientist must be able to extract data, model and optimize production algorithms across our platforms, query and manipulate data on an ad-hoc basis by using SQL, Python or R. Additionally the Product Data Scientist must be flexible to quickly learn open source and big-data technologies such as Spark, Hadoop and Hive.
• Set up and measure nontrivial experiments which test various product and subscription features.
• Utilize machine learning techniques to research and implement live algorithms across our platforms.
• Design advanced data-visualization dashboards and presentations which facilitate unique views into our product.
• Interact with our core, cloud-based big data framework and provide an end user perspective to our data engineers in an effort to drive platform upgrades and functionality.
• Proven experience on unstructured data-based projects, preferably in industry
• Strong understanding of statistical methodologies: Experimentation, Regression analysis, Clustering, other ML techniques.
• Analytical, detail-oriented and results-focused
• 2+ years working with data science toolkits in R, Python or Matlab (a combination of industry and academic experience is acceptable)
• Experience working with big-data technology on Linux-based systems is a significant plus
• Experience writing SQL queries on structured and unstructured data sets
• Outstanding communication skills with the ability to summarize complex results into digestible analysis
• Master's degree in a quantitative or technical field such as Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics or Economics, or significant data-based industry experience
SHOWTIME continues to make its mark across the cultural landscape with one of the most successful programming lineups in television - featuring critically acclaimed original series, provocative documentaries, box-office hit films, comedy and music specials and hard-hitting sports. SHOWTIME has an unparalleled roster of hit original content, including some of the top scripted series in cable: SHAMELESS and BILLIONS. The network is the home to rich, bold and inventive storytelling in series like THE CHI, THE L WORD: GENERATION Q, CITY ON A HILL, WORK IN PROGRESS, BACK TO LIFE and BLACK MONDAY, along with limited series THE GOOD LORD BIRD, YOUR HONOR and THE COMEY RULE. Unscripted programming includes the brand's first ever late-night talk show, DESUS & MERO. Recent lauded docu-series and documentary films include COUPLES THERAPY, LOVE FRAUD, OUTCRY, THE REAGANS, KINGDOM OF SILENCE and BELUSHI, as well as Emmy®-winning news series VICE and political documentary series THE CIRCUS.
FUNCTION: Data and Research
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw88ej-3-238-130-97-42 in your application.