Overview & Responsibilities:
Our team at Showtime Research is seeking a highly motivated candidate who loves working with data and transforming it into insights to join our OTT Analytics & Insights team. In this junior level role, you'll analyze subscription, viewership and survey data to uncover and report findings that inform Showtime's decisions in today's rapidly changing media landscape. The BI Analyst will serve as an integral member of a small team where collaboration is key.
This position will also have exposure to a variety of teams across SHO, including Data Science, Finance, Product Development, Scheduling, Marketing, and Sales.
This position is based in NYC, but will start out remote.
• Maintain and distribute regular reports monitoring the performance of SHO programming and subscription dynamics across all streaming platforms, including Standalone OTT service and Showtime add-ons through Amazon, Hulu, Spotify and many more), using Adobe, Tableau and 3rd party sources
• Utilize strong creative and analytical skills to compile and process data, tell a story and draw measurable conclusions that drive programming and development decisions
• Handle large amounts of data from various sources with an eye towards fusing similar metrics together
• Ensure quality standards across both data and report functionality; coordinate with Data Science and Engineering when anomalies are discovered
• Monitor analytics and metrics results, as well as implement new data analysis methodologies
• Work with partners to understand business objectives, define critical metrics based on those objectives and provide meaningful data
• Clean and analyze data for ongoing research programs, including awareness tracking of Showtime programming and other established research tools
• Provide ad-hoc data analysis under tight deadlines as required
• Stay informed of all new programming and product developments that may impact performance
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, business, mathematics, economics, statistics, management, accounting or another related field.
• Min 1 year experience OR related internship preferred.
• Experience with Tableau or similar data visualization tools
• Experience working with major web analytics platforms like Adobe Analytics (Omniture) and Google Analytics
• Experience with SQL/Python a plus
• Digital media or subscription related experience
• Familiarity with Qualtrics or other survey software
• Interest in TV and the media landscape
• Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Strong analytical, quantitative skills and problem solving skills
• Must be detail focused and passionate about data accuracy - with proactive problem solving skills and an eye for data investigation
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment under deadlines
• Ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to effectively communicate insights
• A collaborative, teammate approach
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4xj0q-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.