New York, NY
Are you passionate about entertainment, design, pop-culture and the arts? Have you ever dreamed of living in a Wes Anderson film? Showtime is seeking a dynamic, passionate, and wildly creative art director to join our design team. The right candidate will bring an upbeat spirit, a bias toward innovation, a highly sophisticated design sensibility, a desire for creative risk taking and a dedication to doing the best work of their lives.
The art director will build indelible visual campaigns for our series, films, documentaries, sports and the Showtime brand itself. Working closely with creative partners, the art director will help set the visual tone for how consumers perceive our content wherever they experience it.
This individual will participate in the evolution of 360 multidisciplinary campaigns, with the primary job responsibility being the crafting and direction of an array of video and digital assets for use in broadcast, out of home and digital/social tactics. The role requires a thoughtful leader eager to inspire multidisciplinary creative teams in a collaborative, studio. That said, this is also a highly hands-on role suited for someone who isn't afraid to dig into all aspects of production, including art direction, design, animation and project management.
Support the continued expansion of the creative and technical potential of the design studio.
Evolve and maintain the visual brand language of the network and network programming.
Drive new and better ways to collaborate within the studio and across teams.
• Manage the design process from initial strategy and research through final production details.
• Develop flexible visual identity systems including style guides and toolkits, to be used across multiple platforms.
• Manage teams to deliver projects that are extraordinary creatively and impeccable technically.
• Collaborate with in-house partners including: Advertising, Marketing and Print to build campaigns that align across platforms and tactics.
• Exceptional conceptual skills and sound strategic instincts
• Advanced skill in graphic design, photography and typography
• Calm and respectful leadership skills
• Experience directing 2D and 3D animation, live action and still photography
• Experience directing color grading
• Knowledge of digital and social methodologies
• Articulate written and verbal communication skills, being executive facing
• Agility and responsiveness to deadlines
• Ability to manage workflow and deadlines for multiple projects
• Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design or closely related field
• Minimum 6 years of design and brand experience
SHOWTIME continues to make its mark across the cultural landscape with one of the most successful programming lineups in television. The SHOWTIME programming slate features original series including Emmy® nominated limited series ESCAPE AT DANNEMORA, BILLIONS, HOMELAND, SHAMELESS, THE CHI, RAY DONOVAN, THE AFFAIR, KIDDING, BLACK MONDAY, THE LOUDEST VOICE, CITY ON A HILL, THE L WORD: GENERATION Q, BACK TO LIFE, WORK IN PROGRESS and ON BECOMING A GOD IN CENTRAL FLORIDA. The network's eclectic, brand-defining programming is further distinguished by the captivating offerings of SHOWTIME Documentary Films, including docuseries THE CIRCUS: INSIDE THE WILDEST POLITICAL SHOW ON EARTH, Emmy-nominated WU-TANG CLAN: OF MICS AND MEN and THE FOURTH ESTATE and documentary films THE KINGMAKER and READY FOR WAR. SHOWTIME Sports continues to dominate with its flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING® and the Emmy Award-winning series INSIDE THE NFL. SHOWTIME is currently available to subscribers via cable, DBS and telco providers, and as a stand-alone streaming service through Amazon, Apple®, Google, LG Smart TVs, Oculus Go, Roku®, Samsung and Xbox One. Consumers can also subscribe to SHOWTIME via Amazon's Prime Video Channels, DirecTV Now, FuboTV, Hulu, Sling TV and YouTube TV. The network's authentication service, SHOWTIME ANYTIME, is available at no additional cost to SHOWTIME customers who subscribe to the network through participating providers. Subscribers can also watch on their computers at www.showtime.com and www.showtimeanytime.com.