CBS Television Network
Los Angeles, CA
Join Our Team!!!
If you are ready to move to the next step in your P.R. career, look no further. We are an award-winning media production company showcasing original storytelling through a global lens. We fearlessly challenge and entertain audiences through our television and streaming, editorial, scripted, and unscripted audio content. We have an exciting Vice President, Communications & Marketing position open in our Los Angeles or New York office.
The Vice President, Communications and Marketing serves as an integral member of the leadership team, who oversees the day-to-day publicity strategy for the company and our original content. In this role your public relations expertise takes center stage. This includes content created by our media, audio and dotcom, our strategic partnerships and company executives. This role will also include marketing initiatives in conjunction with our content and external partners.
This position is TEMPORARILY FULLY REMOTE
This position reports directly to the Chief Strategy and Business Development Officer.
The Dailies – Your Impact
• Lead the communications team in ensuring that company content is presented in a way that positively highlights the company brand.
• Serve as the point of contact for company media inquiries.
• Foster important contacts with print, online and electronic media and have a strong understanding of social media opportunities and tactics.
• Build and develop comprehensive PR campaigns, manage coordination of print interviews, on-set/virtual visits, junkets, photo shoots, electronic press kits, and talent relations requests.
• Pitch ideas and create promotional opportunities for our content, products, partnerships, and brands.
• Create a comprehensive publicity plan for company, select projects/partnerships, and its CEO.
• Liaise with the communications and marketing counterparts of our various strategic partners, especially Netflix and iHeart.
• Generate all press materials, including announcement releases, talking points, etc. for company corporate and partnership announcements.
• Work closely with various organization executives on approvals for all releases and promotional assets associated with each of our content projects, products, and partnerships.
• Working alongside the Chief Strategy and Business Development Officer, handle the day-to-day personal publicity for the CEO.
• Serve as a mentor to team members within the department.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Demonstrated knowledge of pop culture, deep understanding of the streaming entertainment landscape, and excellent writing, project management, collaboration, and strategic vision are imperative.
• Strong existing relationships with consumer, business, and trade press.
• Ability to look at the larger picture while always keeping company's best interest front and center.
• Established experience working simultaneously with multiple brand partners, while representing organization's communication strategy.
• Understanding of creative and impactful marketing strategies and campaigns
• Demonstrated experience in television publicity, promoting both scripted and streaming programming is highly preferred.
• Critical thinker, problem-solving skills, and team player.
• Leader who can coach, mentor, guide a remote team.
• Ability to pivot when necessary and prioritize multiple projects.
• Experience working on products/brands is a plus.
• Experience working on podcasts and digital/website projects is a plus.
• Great creative instincts and ability to handle marketing initiatives along with press strategy.
• Minimum 7-10 years' experience in leading and executing show publicity and awards campaigns; developing excellent press relationships and pitching, booking, and covering national and local media tours; creating written press materials including communications plans, press releases, loglines, biographies, briefing materials, and other related content; managing producers, managers, executives, and talent.
• A. degree in Communications, Journalism, English, or equivalent field from an accredited college or university.
• Minimum 4-6 years' experience managing team local and/or remote team members required.
• Willingness to travel, and work weekends with short notice.
• Reliable form of transportation required.
Find this job and others on our careers' page at: www.https://www.shondalandmedia.com/careers/
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq5q4z-3-236-212-116-42 in your application.
Shondaland is the pioneering storytelling company founded by Shonda Rhimes. Shondaland, under the leadership of Rhimes and producing partner Betsy Beers, is behind award-winning series 'Grey's Anatomy,' 'Scandal,' 'How to Get Away with Murder,' and 'For The People'.