Join Our Team!
We are an award-winning media production company showcasing original storytelling through a global lens. We fearlessly challenge and entertain audiences through our television and streaming, editorial, scripted, and unscripted audio content.
The Art Director at Shondaland is responsible for all stages of creative from concept, design through release. This includes design and execution of digital visual concepts and merchandise used on our website, social media, audio, video and other digital media platforms for the Design and Digital Media Department.
The Dailies - Your Impact
• Work closely with the Chief Design and Digital Media Officer to shape and maintain the brand identities expressed in the art and visuals used across all divisions of the company.
• Oversee the conception and production of all in-house and commissioned art for audio, social, video, editorial website, merchandise, and overall company brand projects creating a unified artistic vision.
• Collaborate with the Product Brand Manager on company merchandise components such as packaging, fonts, colors, text layouts, etc. to ensure brand identity remains intact.
• Collaborate with the Editorial Director to fully understand editorial website content, create high-level, distinct visual concepts, elevating how it communicates visually, highlights feature content and increases reader engagement.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Driven desire to develop a long-lasting brand that will speak to people.
• Team player able to collaborate effectively across the organization and with Shondaland external partners.
• Adaptable to changing priorities while simultaneously balancing multiple projects-ability to reprioritize, as needed.
• Keen design capabilities, using both strong creative eye and analytics to make thorough and deliberate campaign effectiveness decisions.
• Organizational wizard managing tight deadlines while maintaining a high level of quality and accuracy.
• A. Degree or BA/BS Degree from a college or university in Art, Visual Design, or similar area, with a minimum of 2 years' experience in an Art Director role, a plus.
• Creative and innovative expert with a minimum 5 years' experience maintaining strong brand identity and cohesion for clients or companies, including strong portfolio of work with related work experience strongly desired.
• A minimum 2 years' managing and hiring freelance graphic artists/designers, photographers, and illustrators.
• Advanced/expert skills in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and assorted programs with skills in scaling, cropping, basic retouching, coloring, effects, repositioning and packaging of files.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwb7ek-34-204-174-110-42 in your application.