Senior Manager, Financial Analysis - Tech Finance
Los Angeles, CA
Shed Media US Inc. seeks a Supervisor, Financial Reporting for the Shed Media US Finance department.
Responsible for the compilation of financial statements and other Shed finance reports. Manages accounting system interfaces between SAP and PSL.
• Financial Reporting:
• Preparation of monthly financials; process all journal entries in SAP, prepare by-title reports and reports on overall profitability.
• • Compile monthly P&L and balance sheet actual against budget
• • Perform review and reconciliation of key accounts - production In-Process accounts, accrued and deferred income accounts, and prepaid accounts
• • Process intercompany transactions, and cost elimination entries between WB business units
• • Prepare profitability report by-show title
• • Liaise with Shed's production accountants and other WB finance departments to ensure proper recording of production costs and intercompany fees.
• • Monitor and eyeball costs during month to ensure smooth month end process
• • Analyze monthly SG&A overhead financials and make appropriate adjustments for timing including any accruals, deferrals, prepaid costs, and allocate cost recovery to productions as required. Conduct variance analysis against budget or forecast, provide reasons for change explanations and research material variances
• • Manage all aspects of cost and revenue reporting for Rebel Post, our Post Production division, Digital Blend and Sweet 210, including payroll expense, customer billings, and P&L cost -management. Handling on-boarding and payroll processing for freelance employees (10 people)
• Reconcile inbound, and outbound interfaces of SAP to PSL for all productions; research and correct any discrepancies to ensure proper reporting of data
• • Review Concur expense reports, P-Card transactions and Affordable Care Healthcare costs; perform cost allocations to/from Shed Corporate and productions where necessary
• • Draft miscellaneous schedules for WB Tax and WB EFS Team (quarterly footnotes, business tax calculation, provide census information and handle general requests)
• Financial Planning & Analysis / Budgeting:
• Each quarter, prepare a monthly phasing of Shed's financial plan and present SVP Finance for review.
• • Capital Budget Planning – manage the Fixed Assets capital budgeting process by providing CAPEX purchase analysis, forecast cost benefits and depreciation, and complete asset capitalization transfer from AUC to Fixed Assets ledger. Monitor monthly depreciation posting for accuracy.
• • Create, set up and maintain SAP master data and projects for all Shed productions within SAP and PSL
• • Assist SVP Finance with 5-year Long Range Plan and other ad-hoc requests
• Performs additional duties as assigned
• 5 years + in an accounting/finance role.
• BA/BS degree in related field required.
• CPA required
• Ability to demonstrate technical accounting knowledge.
• US GAAP knowledge.
• TV Media finance experience preferred.
• Advanced Excel skills (Vlookup, pivot tables, financial modeling).
• SAP and BW (Business Warehouse) knowledge
• Must be able to multi-task, work under tight time constraints and meet deadlines.
• Must be able to quickly adapt to new concepts.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy739p-35-173-234-169-42 in your application.