Advocacy & Policy Specialist
Remote / Virtual
Sesame Workshop is looking for a Project Coordinator - Military. We are looking to hire a person who is passionate and interested in children's media, implementation, project management, and outreach. This person must have extensive time management and organizational skills. He/she should show leadership potential, drive to learn more, and be an enthusiastic team player. Demonstrates initiative to take on new projects and solve problems.
Please note: This role is located in NYC. Candidates should be local. This is a temp role with possible longer term extension up to 18 months or longer.
• Draft and manage program assets, including presentations, fact sheets, internal and external reports, concept notes, and executive briefings
• Help to develop and manage work plans and timelines, including tracking deliverables
• Offer management support for other USSI projects as needed as well as general office assistance within the department.
Marketing & Social Media
• Assist with the development and maintenance of social media campaigns for Sesame Street in Military Families, including paid ads and boosted posts.
• Assist with the creation and maintenance of an editorial calendar for social media posts relating to the promotions, ad buys, and themes for the month
• Manage social media partners by ensuring that we are sharing their materials and they are supporting our work.
• Assist with the creation of partner toolkits and coordinate with partners to cross-promote social media campaigns related to their partnership with SS4MF
• Work with USSI team to promote upcoming community launches, webinars, courses, and added content as it is created and published.
• Assist with the development and management of monthly and quarterly analytics reports for SS4MF; including information about the SS4MF website, partner activities,, resource distribution, as well as marketing & communication efforts
Community Engagement & Distribution
• Assist with facilitating communications, press and marketing plans with partners or networks to increase the execution and visibility of SS4MF.
• Correspond with partners regarding upcoming activities, marketing, and events to ensure they have all materials needed from the SS4MF team.
• Attend monthly/quarterly calls with partners as needed to learn about on action plan progress.
• Manage military and veteran inboxes to communicate with providers and connect them with resources and trainings.
• Militray-connected and/or experience working with military families
• B.A./B.S. College Degree or equivalent expeirence. Master's degree in related field preferred
• 2-3 years' experience working in community outreach, social impact, project management
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel, and PPT
• Proficiency in Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube etc.)
• Extremely self-motivated and initiative-driven
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and follow through with long-term assignments
• Strong communication skills, especially in writing and by phone
• Attention to detail and exhibit time management skills, including prioritizing, juggling multiple assignments, and meeting deadlines.
• Commitment to Sesame Workshop's mission and core values.
• Experience/proficiency in Photoshop or similar design program helpful
• Academic or professional experience in early childhood and primary school education.
• Experience of demonstrated interest in media, children's media, and/or strategic communications
Sesame Workshop's U.S. Social Impact department, in the division of Social Impact and Philanthropy, develops and implements philanthropically funded community engagement initiatives that service our nation's vulnerable children and families. Based on fulfilling Sesame Workshop's mission we created innovative, bilingual (English and Spanish), multiple media initiatives and resources that enrich children's overall development through early learning basics, health and well-being and building resiliency skills to tackle challenging situations. There is a strong focus on localizing the implementation of these initiatives through key national and community organizational partnerships through individualized action plans and professional development. The initiatives are based on expert advisor recommendations along with on-the-ground research followed by measuring their impact on service providers, families and their children through independent summative studies.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity