Sesame Workshop is looking for an Office Manager. The Office Manager will work with a small team in the International Social Impact Department. The International Social Impact oversees the work of 5 functional/international program areas and 3 country offices. This team is composed of two Senior Vice Presidents and a Manager who all work closely to support our global programs and country offices. The Office Manager will manage various activities including scheduling, meeting planning, travel coordination, expenses and contracting.
The ideal candidate will be a collaborative team player who is flexible and proactive and at times work independently. The right candidate will be globally minded, able to work across multiple cultures and geographies. The right candidate must be skilled in managing multiple tasks and conflicting priorities with accuracy and attention to detail. Critical to the success of this position is the development of positive working relationships, particularly in dealing with senior executives across the organization and with other key stakeholders.
Please Note: This position is a full-time permanent position based in New York City. Local candidates please.
• Manage calendars, including scheduling individual and group meetings and required follow-ups
• Assist with work-related travel, including obtaining visas; assist with developing travel plans and logistical arrangements
• Assist in responding to requests for information or other documentation from internal and external sources
• Assist in the on-boarding process for new hires/consultants/interns
• Establish and maintain appropriate files, both physical and electronic
• Plan and coordinate logistics for meetings at the office and other sites domestically and internationally
• Work with staff to create and maintain travel calendar of employees to country offices and program sites, and track country office staff's visit to the NY office
• Work closely alongside the Special Projects Manager to determine cadence and priority of key meetings and country office visits ensuring alignment to organizational happenings
• Assist with contract requests and invoice submissions; manage the department leaderships' expense submissions via Concur
• Perform desk research and prepare presentations and other materials
• Assist with supply and gift ordering and unpacking, facilities management, premiums ordering and inventory
• Track departmental PTO and manage monthly timesheet submissions, coordinating with team administrative assistants
• BA/BS or equivalent work experience
• 3- 5 years of relevant office experience
• Experience working in an international context (scheduling across time zones, organizing global meetings, etc.) and able to work in a diverse, cross-cultural environment
• Detailed knowledge of and demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Enthusiasm for learning new tools and technologies and ability to adapt to rapidly evolving applications and systems
• A clear and strong verbal and written communicator with the ability to handle communications tactfully and professionally with a high attention to detail
• Must be able to demonstrate proactive planning skills, organizational skills, and critical thinking skills
• Proven ability to problem solve and follow up appropriately on process and procedural issues
• Highly functioning administrator who is proactive, flexible, and able to prioritize work assignments across teams, manage multiple deadlines, and represent the department and SW in any given environment
Sesame Workshop's International Social Impact department, a division of Social Impact and Philanthropy, develops and implements Sesame's powerful initiatives to serve children and families around the world, building strong partnerships and coalitions to maximize reach and impact. Building upon the familiarity and appeal of the trusted, beloved Sesame Street characters – and their global counterparts – we create and disseminate unique educational resources and tools for families most in need. Sesame's research-driven programs reach many children who would otherwise have little or no access to early childhood education and support all aspects of children's development – including healthy habits, cognitive development in areas such as early literacy and math, and social-emotional well-being and resilience. We reach and engage children and the important adults in their families and communities using multiple media platforms and innovative strategies – from television and radio to digital media, mobile technologies, books, E-books, magazines, classroom materials, teacher/provider training, social media, and more.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkk4pk-3-215-79-116-42 in your application.