Associate Manager - Email Marketing
Penguin Random House
New York, NY
Sesame Workshop is looking for an Editorial Project Manager for the Sesame Street US Social Impact team. The Editorial Project Manager will support the creation of digital and print content for U.S. Social Impact initiatives. She/he will ensure that editorial content is produced across all platforms according to the deadline, style, and within budget. This individual will also act as the point person for communication between other departments. She/he will create and manage the operational process to implement the US Social Impact Content Strategy.
Summary of Duties
• Contribute to and collaborate on all aspects of producing the department's print and digital products.
• Manage the review process of a wide range of editorial content from articles to videos and interactives
• Manage a diverse group of consultants including, line editors, copy editors, and multimedia editors
• Manage and maintain the editorial process of content deliverables on time and on budget
• Lead the prioritization of work to ensure that the content that will most help us achieve our goals is done first
• Identify and contract expert writers in a range of fields to produce special articles
• Manage content calendar for the US Social Impact main site (SSIC)
• Develop multi-platform content based on audience demand and search data
• Work with the editorial team to ensure all SEO best practices are met and stories are packaged for the biggest impact
• Work with the Project Management team on an as needed basis, developing and managing budgets, timelines and managing correspondence with internal stakeholders
• Independently act as project manager for funded projects as needed, collaborating with various departments to execute deliverables
• Work closely with the social media team to develop, edit and review language and promotional graphics
• Contribute to creation and editing of proposals, presentation decks, and funder reports
• Regularly present insights to the content team to improve efficiencies in department processes
• Bachelor's degree in English, writing, or education or equivalent experience
• 3+ years experience creating, packaging, and optimizing digital content for distribution across social media, organic search, and email
• Strong writing and editing skills
• Deep understanding of the online content ecosystem
• Experience managing timelines and budgets
• Experience with analytics platforms and a strong business acumen
• Experience with project management software a plus.
• Fluency in Spanish a plus
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Excellent communicator and multi-tasker
• Must be a self-starter and enjoy working in a cross-disciplinary team
• Maintain and develop strong internal and external working relationships, dealing professionally with colleagues
• Creative thinker
Sesame Workshop's U.S. Social Impact department, in the division of Social Impact and Philanthropy, develops and implements philanthropically funded community engagement initiatives that serve our nation's vulnerable children and families. Based on fulfilling Sesame Workshop's mission we created innovative, bilingual (English and Spanish), multiple media initiatives and resources that enrich children's overall development through early learning basics, health and well-being and building resiliency skills to tackle challenging situations. There is a strong focus on localizing the implementation of these initiatives through key national and community organizational partnerships through individualized action plans and professional development. The initiatives are based on expert advisor recommendations along with on-the-ground research followed by measuring their impact on service providers, families and their children through independent summative studies.
About Sesame Workshop
Sesame Workshop is the nonprofit educational organization behind Sesame Street which reaches 156 million children across 150 countries. The Workshop's mission is to use the educational power of media to help children everywhere grow smarter, stronger, and kinder. Delivered through a variety of platforms, including television programs, digital experiences, books and community engagement, its research-based programs are tailored to the needs of the communities and countries they serve. For more information, visit us at www.sesameworkshop.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity