Sesame Workshop is looking for a Digital Design Lead to join the award-winning Sesame Workshop Brand Creative team. Responsible to create visually stunning design solutions for Sesame Workshop, Sesame Street and new IP across graphic, mobile, web, UX/UI design, email marketing, social channels and production. Reports to Branded Content Senior Director.
• Design UI/UX for a variety of digital platforms, including responsive websites, HTML5 games, and mobile apps
• Conceiving and visualizing forward-thinking ideas, while staying on-brand with a highly recognizable IP and legacy brand
• Direct freelancers and partners to ensure the brand's design is aligned across digital platforms
• Maintain brand/art style guides and technical documentation.
• Guide and advise digital vendors and brand partners for creative excellence while maintaining brand consistency and standards.
• Bring a creative point of view, be an active participant of the team, contributing to the creative culture of the studio.
• Think critically and creatively about the needs of educational games and player motivations to drive meaningful features.
• Respond to emergent engineering, QA, and design issues/problems in development and ensure these are addressed to meet product goals.
• Stay up to date with digital trends, educational game artwork, innovation and influences.
• Strong communications skills to synthesize and consolidate feedback on designs from internal and external stakeholders.
• Organize and run team brainstorms.
• Balance the creative challenges associated with producing exceptional work while satisfying the demands of clients and multiple stakeholders.
• Ideate, prototype and validate feature concepts through user research.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of experience responsive design for web, UI/UX experience
• Fluent in Adobe Suite software, especially After Effects, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
• Fluent in industry-standard UI/UX software, such as Figma
• A portfolio demonstrating the development of casual mobile and educational games, and responsive web design
• Passion for educational/mobile game design, and a deep desire to create the next big hit!
• Technical familiarity with game engines & their performance requirements a plus
• Experience designing for children is a plus
• Take creative direction, respond to feedback in a timely manner and be respectful of project deadlines.
• Familiarity with working well with Product Managers, Producers, QA Testers and Engineers to efficiently deliver excellent games.
• A professional, pro-active & collaborative work attitude.
• An avid interest in all types of art & graphic design.
• Exceptional visual communication skills.
About Sesame Workshop
Sesame Workshop is the nonprofit media and educational organization behind Sesame Street, the pioneering television show that has been reaching and teaching children since 1969. Today, Sesame Workshop is an innovative force for change, with a mission to help kids everywhere grow smarter, stronger, and kinder. We're active in more than 150 countries, serving vulnerable children through a wide range of media, formal education, and philanthropically-funded social impact programs, each grounded in rigorous research and tailored to the needs and cultures of the communities we serve. For more information, please visit www.sesameworkshop.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g41k21-54-174-225-82-42 in your application.