Full Time Job
Children's Television Education Advisor, Jordan
- Full Time
- Senior (5-10 years) Experience
Job DescriptionSesame Workshop and the IRC Ahlan Simsim Team are seeking a Children's Television Education Advisor to support the creation of the initiative's mass media and direct services materials. Specific duties are listed in more detail below.
Please Note: This job will be located in Amman, Jordan. We will not sponsor for this role. Local candidates only.
• Serve as the day-to-day liaison between the education team and production staff in Amman.
• Represent the education team at all production meetings, shoots, and audio records, offering advice and feedback to the production staff and communicating issues and questions to Sesame Workshop's education team.
• Review, in collaboration with other members of the project's education team, the content of all mass media materials (including episode premises, outlines, scripts, rough cuts, games, and digital activities) to ensure cultural appropriateness, proper language use, and adherence to Sesame Workshop's educational standards.
• Synthesize the education team's notes on the above-mentioned materials and communicate them to the production team in a way that is clear, consistent, and actionable.
• Consult with Sesame Workshop's formative research and education teams on the development of formative research plans; incorporate key findings into the development of content.
• Oversee language review of all content (to be completed by an Arabic language specialist(s), and, where appropriate, experts in other languages).
• Assist in the development of the educational framework for mass media.
• Assist in the design and implementation of regional content advisories and workshops.
• Serve as the educational liaison between consultants (including education advisors and language specialists) and team members at Sesame Workshop and the IRC.
• Collaborate with IRC, in partnership with other members of the education team, to ensure their comments are incorporated into multimedia content and that they are aware of all Ahlan Simsim resources available for integration into direct services programming. This may include but is not limited to, content mapping exercises, phone calls, and meetings with IRC.
• At least 5 years of experience in education at an international NGO or similar organization
• Knowledge of early childhood development or education
• Self-directed, able to independently set priorities and solve problems with minimal guidance
• Ability to be on set on short notice and during odd working hours
• Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills
• Knowledge of the Middle East regional context, with experience working in Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon or Iraq strongly preferred
• Experience with media creation is a plus
• Fluent in written and oral English and Arabic
In 2017, Sesame Workshop and IRC won the inaugural MacArthur Foundation 100&Change competition, a $100 million grant to make measurable progress toward solving a significant problem. In 2018 the LEGO Foundation made an additional investment to Early Childhood Development Programming in the Middle East and Bangladesh, further contributing to this effort. The Ahlan Simsim program is a five-year intervention to bring vital early learning and nurturing care to more than nine million children and families affected by the ongoing civil war in Syria. Among other activities, the program will create multimedia programming for children affected by the conflict. Together with the International Rescue Committee, we are developing a pliant platform to reach young children and their caregivers wherever they are and measure how we impact their lives. For more information, please visit: http://refugee.sesameinternational.org/.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rek531-34-204-180-223-42 in your application.