Sesame Workshop is looking for an Accountant. This accountant will provide support for the Int'l Media & Education Group departments which include work for Europe, Asia, Latin America, GCC, China and Japan. The work includes doing Royalty processing, cash application, deal memo input, balance sheet analyses, and accounting closes.
The right candidate should be detailed oriented and follow up as often as needed to ensure accuracy and completeness. This position requires someone who can write and speak clearly and make themselves understood by department staff, and people who have no financial background. The ideal candidate must demonstrate initiative, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
• Assist in various functions of royalty processing and accounting, including daily posting, month end closes and interfaces into the general ledger.
• Royalty statement review and preparation for input into the Jaguar system. Ensure reporting is in accordance with the terms of the contract.
• Input deal memo into Jaguar Rights Management System. Review input against executed agreements before posting.
• Maintain cash and royalty log for Int'l Media & Education Group
• Assist in daily cash application in Jaguar and resolve items that require research.
• Prepare quarterly accruals and balance sheet analyses of AXS-One General Ledger
• Participate in quarterly meetings to discuss issues on missing statements and uncollected receivables.
• Prepare ad hoc analyses as needed.
• B.S degree in Accounting or equivalent experience
• 1 - 2 years of industry related accounting experience
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
• MS Office with above average proficiently in Excel and PowerPoint
• Jaguar is a plus or experience with a similar Rights Management System
• General Ledger software experience
• IBM TM1 Planning Analytics Reporting Tool
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq9jbm-3-238-24-209-42 in your application.