Searchlight Pictures is hiring a VP, Creative Advertising Print. The Creative Print Services team is responsible for the development, design, creation and execution of all creative print marketing materials for theatrical and streaming releases for Searchlight Pictures for print and use online. We create materials to visually brand and market each film, as well as produce phot shoots within the US as well as assist the International team in creating materials for territories abroad. Setting the tone for the entire campaign with early creative exploration and brand development.
• Act as key liaison to filmmakers, Publicity, A/V team, Media, International, and other key stakeholders while facilitating the creative process.
• Applies in-depth understanding and knowledge of the creative design process and complexities of streaming integration across all Searchlight titles.
• Lead the strategic planning, development and creative execution of creative print concepts and advertising campaigns.
• Manage and lead the direction of artists/agencies/designers in the executions of concepts utilizing campaign creative and positioning goals.
• Develop creative concepts of photo shoot planning and creative development.
• Influences creatively with print advertising agencies on print materials (payoff and teaser posters, character images, outdoor, stunt ideas, in theatre banners and standees, concession stand materials, logo and brand development, publicity covers and online materials.
• Impacts the creative direction of the print campaign and presents print campaigns to filmmakers, studio executives, international, other Disney divisions, etc.
• Design creative in Photoshop and Illustrator as needed (laying out comps, making revisions to files, creating presentation materials, etc.)
• Manage and oversee the finishing of all print creative materials.
• Source out, collect and deliver all pertinent source comp elements from designers/agencies to finishers to begin the finishing process.
• Approve and art direct each round of art files as they progress through the finishing stages.
• Communicate clearly all notes and revisions back to finishers to ensure correct and timely revisions.
• Negotiate finishing project budgets and monitor costs.
• Manage the entire pre-press and printing process for all campaign artwork.
• Consult with internal Marketing and Distribution teams to determine desired target posting dates.
• Create and manage the production process to ensure materials are printed and delivered in accordance with these dates.
• Manage strategy for all Outdoor, Print and Digital media buys to ensure all materials are printed to the proper technical specifications, to the highest quality and delivered on time.
Project Management & Leadership
• Lead agency vendors to determine the creative/finishing/printing deadlines given creative/legal/talent approvals, finishing and production lead times, shipping and installation lead times.
• Interface and liaise between filmmakers, marketing executives, vendors, creative agencies, etc.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's degree minimum or equivalent level of experience. Preferably a degree in Art Design, Graphics, Business, Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Cinema/Television or related field.
• Extensive experience in creative print direction, design and development.
• 10+ years of marketing/advertising experience in the creation of print materials – preferably within the entertainment industry.
• Audiovisual production and finishing experience/knowledge required.
• Demonstrated ability to interface with high level executives and filmmakers.
• Extremely creative and have the skills necessary to create high quality creative materials, both independently and in a highly collaborative environment.
• Organized and have a great eye for detail. Great follow-up and follow-through a must.
• Capable of thriving in an extremely fast-paced environment.
• Working extended hours and sometimes weekends, required.
The hiring range for this position in California is $217,112 to $291,248 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Searchlight Pictures:
Searchlight Pictures is a specialty film company that both finances and acquires motion pictures. It has its own marketing and distribution operations, and the films are distributed internationally by Twentieth Century Studios.
This position is with Searchlight Pictures, Inc., which is part of a business we call Searchlight Pictures.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvv82w-3-231-217-107-42 in your application.