- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Job DescriptionThe E.W. Scripps Company, an enterprise media company, is seeking an Accountant. This position will give support to general accounting function. The job will be located in Cincinnati, OH.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Prepare and review balance sheet reconciliations, standard journal entries, and monthly divisional reports per policy. Research and resolve balances on reconciliations.
• Perform variance analysis of actual results versus budget.
• Assist with day to day transaction processing, including payments to revenue partners.
• Oversee preparation of quarterly packets prepared for consolidation.
• Assist with standardizing accounting and workflow processes.
• Provide guidance to outsource provider and business units on policy and processes.
• Resolve/investigate business unit questions; provide support to director and seniors in resolving issues.
• Assist director with special projects.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
• Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance required.
• Minimum of 0 to 2 years cumulative experience including general accounting; account reconciliation, journal entries, fixed assets, and report generation required. Media industry experience a plus.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
• Well-honed problem-solving skills.
• Proven flexibility, initiative and self-reliance.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated experience with coordinating multiple projects and meeting deadlines.
• Proven ability to interact with various levels of staff and management.
• Proficient use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook required; use of advanced functions such as macros a plus.
• Ability to work longer hours during monthly close.
• Knowledge of Workday or similar financial software is preferred.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8x69k-44-201-72-250-42 in your application.
The E.W. Scripps Company is a diversified media company focused on creating a better-informed world. As one of the nation’s largest local TV broadcasters, Scripps serves communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a portfolio of 61 stations in 41 markets.