The E.W. Scripps Company is hiring a Sr. Creative Director - Sports who will play a pivotal role in the brand design development, Live Package Design, and Promotions for Scripps Sports. In this role you will be responsible for the management and execution of the brand through all static, digital, and marketing and sales video assets. The Sr. Creative Director – Sports will provide strategic leadership to the creative team, elevating the quality and impact of visual content across all of brand and marketing. You will execute solutions through fast-paced problem solving and conceptual skills.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Lead and guide projects from concept to completion in collaboration with leadership in live Production, Marketing, and associated teams.
• Oversee and develop live design packages for use in broadcast and Streaming apps.
• Ensure focus on project quality, branding, and implementation for use.
• Oversee translation and execution against creative assignment, request interpretation and feedback.
• Balance and manage priorities for team delivering on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Work closely with other directors, project managers & designers to provide best-in-class solutions for our partners on strict timelines.
• Prepare and help guide budget process for shoot productions and agency creative.
• Collaborate with peers and management to recruit, manage and develop creative leaders and professionals.
• Lead and mentor others to become strong creative contributors.
• Lead and organize leadership approvals, team meetings and project presentations and provide marketing team representation for outside departmental approvals with stakeholders.
• Share in ownership of Sports post production workflow and management for editorial teams.
• Share Responsibility for establishing an asset management system that enables all business partners to effectively browse and search through game assets and media.
• Develop and maintain company standards and style guidelines.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
• BS/BA in related discipline
• Generally, 10+ years of experience in a related field, including managerial experience
• Experience directing video, print, digital and motion design
• Experience with broadcast package design
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
• Working knowledge of national sports leagues and teams media
• Excellent understanding of live design and implementation.
• Outstanding leadership & decision-making capabilities
• Ability to effectively lead, manage and inspire team of Designers and Editors.
• Ability to provide clear and constructive design guidance.
• Expert in Adobe Creative Suite; extensive working knowledge of expression.
• Familiarity of creative process and video production.
• Calm under pressure: ability to adapt and direct teams under tight deadlines.
• Highly organized and self-motivated
• Stellar conceptual ability
• Strong problem-solver and design solution collaborator
• Detail oriented
• Strong written, verbal and presentation communication skills
• Maintain and develop company design standards and style guidelines
• Excellent presentation skills
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7op2q-3-238-180-174-42 in your application.