The E.W. Scripps Company is seeking a Program & Inventory Specialist responsible for organizing and entering the programming for all stations, as well as ensuring that the traffic is scheduled in the appropriate time slot and that the engineering department and directors have the information they need.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Monitor syndication, movie, and network formats to ensure correct programming, and handle the placement of spots including separation.
• Responsible for inputting programming for all stations.
• Organize and standardize the formats for all stations.
• Clear spots when program changes have been made.
• Assist with clearing orders and working displaced spots for multiple stations as necessary.
• Responsible for maximizing billing opportunities by evaluating sold and scheduled inventory and adjusting commercial placement manually on a daily basis.
• Check orders for incorrect inventory codes, break codes, etc.
• Process orders.
• Work on broadcast traffic systems in entering information necessary for commercial matter on logs.
• Act as back-up to other positions in the traffic department as needed.
• Perform other duties as needed and directed by the Hub Manager.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• 3 - 5 years related experience required.
• Previous broadcast TV experience especially with ad management and broadcast traffic systems (i.e. WideOrbit, OSI etc.) highly preferred.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
• Proficient with MS Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Ability to adhere to strict deadlines and complete work assignments in a timely and accurate manner.
• Must be adaptable and flexible with ability to shift focus on new priorities.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be team oriented and have had past successful experience working in a team environment.
• Must have good organizational and time management skills.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj7ojw-44-192-254-173-42 in your application.