- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
The E.W. Scripps Company is hiring for a Broadcast Support Engineer I. They will provide tier I installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting support of broadcast-specific hardware and software applications.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Configure, install, maintain, and upgrade hardware/software associated with the broadcast air chain and support infrastructure.
• Work with tier II and tier III support staff to resolve potentially complex and difficult problems.
• Perform systems integration and component-level electronics repair.
• Provide training and direction to local station staff in-person, over telephone, email, and video conference.
• Monitor and respond to hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of tools and techniques.
• Provide continuous and reliable troubleshooting assistance to 24/7 internal broadcast help desk.
• Assist with special projects as assigned.
• Perform other duties as required by senior level management within the Scripps organization.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
• Associates degree preferred or equivalent vocation/technical experience.
• 2-5 years of broadcast and/or IT experience.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
• Strong computer networking skills and organizational skills.
• Able to conform to high-security environment and execute the rules governing the Scripps company security and controls policies.
• Able to work with in stressful situations and multi-task as necessary.
• Capable of delivering exceptional customer service to individuals around the organization with varying degrees of knowledge.
• Flexible working hours required, including holidays, weekends, and evenings with occasional overtime.
• This is an ON-CALL position.
• Some occasional travel may be required.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Valid driver's license, good driving record, and ability to provide proof of insurance with the company required insurance limits.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk7x0k-44-200-117-166-42 in your application.
The E.W. Scripps Company is a diversified media company focused on creating a better-informed world. As one of the nation’s largest local TV broadcasters, Scripps serves communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a portfolio of 61 stations in 41 markets.