Scanline VFX, empowered by Netflix , is an award-winning, global leader in the visual effects industry with 7 studios worldwide. Founded in 1989, we are a team of over 1000 made up of diverse backgrounds and nationalities. Nowadays, Eyeline Studios, our virtual production division, is rethinking the future of real-time and AI-powered filmmaking by providing content creators with unmatched flexibility.
Join us and help build the pixels of the future!
The Surfacing/Lookdev Artist creates photorealistic textures and develops the look for hard surface and organic models, environments, hero creature work and character work.
• Create photorealistic textures, both hand-painted and from set photography to a level of detail necessary for hero CG assets
• Assemble the textures into a shading network and tweaks its lookdev to accurately match the references
• Work independently on defined tasks, but in collaboration with artists and supervisors in modeling, shading, and lighting during the look development process
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• Minimum two (2) years of experience in visual effects for live-action feature films or television
• Hands-on experience using Mari essential, Photoshop, ZBrush, Mudbox a plus
• Working knowledge of Maya necessary, 3ds Max, V-Ray, Nuke a plus
• Clear understanding of color space, shading, lighting, and rendering methodologies
• Familiarity with digital photography
At Scanline VFX, we strive to set the highest standard of quality in everything we do. We are constantly challenging ourselves to break new ground and exceed expectations. We value curiosity and believe that great ideas come from everyone. As an applicant, know that we are committed to ensuring you receive equal treatment when applying for a career with us.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8peo9-18-232-31-255-42 in your application.