Scanline VFX, empowered by Netflix , is an award-winning, global leader in the visual effects industry with 7 studios worldwide. Founded in 1989, we are a team of over 1000 made up of diverse backgrounds and nationalities. Nowadays, Eyeline Studios, our virtual production division, is rethinking the future of real-time and AI-powered filmmaking by providing content creators with unmatched flexibility.
Join us and help build the pixels of the future!
As a Pipeline Architect's, your main focus will be to to design architectural solutions to complex systemic problems in software design and implementation. You will have broad and deep technical knowledge spanning from hands-on software development to architectural design of complex data and software architectures.
• Design major aspects of the architecture for visual effects production pipeline
• Collaborate with pipeline leadership, product owners, infrastructure and development team to determine architecture requirements and technology for development projects
• Drive, establish and ensure high level coding and architecture standards which keep the underlying code consistent, standard and of high quality via code review practices and coaching team members where necessary
• Partner with Pipeline Management team to identify priorities and schedule tasks
• Present architecture designs and design decisions to the project's stakeholders
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• BA in Computer Science, or similar discipline (required)
• Minimum of five (5) to eight (8) years experience designing complex software systems for data intensive applications
• Minimum two (2) years in supervision role (required)
• Ability to understand situations quickly and shift priorities as needed
• Negotiation skills: ''buy-in'' from stakeholders, understand when to engage and when to pivot
• Self-directed, proactive, detailed, organized and solution-oriented
• Demonstrated advanced work experience with large software and data management architectures
• Expertise in structured, systematic refactoring of large software projects
• Experience working with globally distributed development teams
• Expertise in programming languages such as C++/Python/Sql
• Expertise in designing powerful and intuitive API's
• Expertise in distributed systems design
• Expertise in data modeling, database design, relational and non-relational databases
• An understanding of the Visual Effects industry
• Experience with content creation applications (Maya, Houdini, Unreal Engine)
At Scanline VFX, we strive to set the highest standard of quality in everything we do. We are constantly challenging ourselves to break new ground and exceed expectations. We value curiosity and believe that great ideas come from everyone. As an applicant, know that we are committed to ensuring you receive equal treatment when applying for a career with us.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy1103-44-200-82-149-42 in your application.