Scanline VFX, empowered by Netflix , is an award-winning, global leader in the visual effects industry with 7 studios worldwide. Founded in 1989, we are a team of over 1000 made up of diverse backgrounds and nationalities. Nowadays, Eyeline Studios, our virtual production division, is rethinking the future of real-time and AI-powered filmmaking by providing content creators with unmatched flexibility.
Join us and help build the pixels of the future!
Reporting to the VFX Generalist Supervisor, the Generalist displays a high proficiency in varied skills across areas of realism lighting, modeling texture, shading, look development, hard surface animation, rendering with the ability to composite their own work. As a seasoned VFX professional working on feature films, the Generalist is able to break down complex VFX shot work for workflow/schedules and support mentoring/training of others.
• Creates high-quality digital composites and visual effects for live-action feature films and seamlessly integrates the various layers of a shot
• Executes a broad range of VFX tasks including look development, lighting objects, modeling, texturing, animation, and rendering
• Establishes looks and/or follow set style direction
• Understands and follows production guidelines; solves design and/or effect challenges for key visual effects shots.
• Receives and implements feedback quickly and effectively
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Proven live-action visual effects experience
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• Experience with 3ds Max software is preferred but Maya experience will be considered so long as you are willing to learn 3ds Max
• Basic understanding of MAXScript
• Working knowledge of the following software: 3ds Max, V-Ray, 3ds Max plug-in experience highly desired such as Forrest pack, and Thinking Particles and etc.
• Solid knowledge of principles of 3D
• Some working experience and knowledge of shader writing, and lighting
• Possess strong technical skills and the ability to learn new software quickly
• Must have the ability to problem-solve and predict potential problems with assigned VFX tasks
• Ability to take direction positively, work well within a team, and thrive under the pressure of tight deadlines
At Scanline VFX, we strive to set the highest standard of quality in everything we do. We are constantly challenging ourselves to break new ground and exceed expectations. We value curiosity and believe that great ideas come from everyone. As an applicant, know that we are committed to ensuring you receive equal treatment when applying for a career with us.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1jxx0-44-192-92-49-42 in your application.