Spurs Sports & Entertainment is seeking a creative, energetic, and motivated social media practitioner who can actively manage, develop and grow our fan engagement across all San Antonio Spurs Social Media platforms.
We are looking for Social Media Sr. Coordinator to join our family!
This candidate will be a self-starter and eager to help brainstorm content ideas, and embrace and support team members of the organization. They will be responsible for the day-to-day execution of social media activities across all social accounts, creating timely, accurate, and relevant content for our fans This position manages the posting process, from concept, to approval, to execution.
Does this sound like a fit? If so, we want to hear from you!
In every position, each employee is expected to: Demonstrate Alignment with SS&E's Core Values and Mission, Collaborate with Internal/External Family Members and Demonstrate Ongoing Development.
• Builds and maintains a social media calendar for both organic and branded content on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.
• Works with multiple departments and stakeholders to create, copy-edit and post social media content for San Antonio's official pages. This includes Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and other emerging platforms.
• Proactively interacts, engages and communicates with fans across all social platforms.
• Writes social copy that promotes conversation and engages San Antonio's diverse audiences.
• Pulls and aggregates performance metrics and develops useful insights for our programming.
• Conducts listening research and run competitive analysis efforts in order to inform our social strategy.
• Quickly recognizes, considers and reacts to real-time and emerging trends and current events, while working within the brand and culture of SS&E.
• Covers live events across multiple platforms and create reactionary, in-the-moment content exclusive to social media.
• Provides social coverage at practice, gamedays, community events and other Spurs events as needed.
• Will be a subject matter expert to educate other departments within the organization on the evolving world of social media trends and youth culture.
• Organizes and tags all published content through a third party social analytics platform.
• 3+ years experience managing a social media account and content.
• Previous experience working in sports preferred (league, team, media, or technology).
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite / Photoshop (Premier a plus).
• Skilled at photography and videography via a variety of devices or cameras along with editing.
• Demonstrate an active use and understanding of social media and digital technology with proficiency in analyzing and measuring the effectiveness of social content.
• Illustrate balance of creativity, strong writing skills, and high integrity on decision making for fast-moving content decisions.
• Ability to operate at the speed of digital – taking advantage of both proactive and reactive opportunities to devise relevant social content.
• Strong teamwork, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills required while handling confidential information.
• Sit/Stand/Walk for long periods of time in an arena setting.
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, which includes potentially long shifts, evenings, weekends, and/or holidays.
• Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roj601-44-200-30-73-42 in your application.