Austin Event Marketing Representative - Part Time
Do you get excited about building a brand through hosting, activating, and planning live events? This is the position for you! As the Event Marketing Representative, this part-time position is responsible for assisting with, scheduling, and executing event marketing opportunities, designed to extend Spurs Sports & Entertainment's brands in the South Central Texas region. This position will assist with data collection for Fan Clubs, generate actionable leads for our sales teams, answer questions about SS&E products, and distribute Spurs branded swag to fans. The eligible candidate will assist the Marketing Department with daily functions, logistics, and special projects, as well as assist in overseeing, scheduling & communicating logistics with the Spurs Street Team – a team of part-time grassroots marketing representatives .
The eligible candidate should meet a variety of qualifications, including but not limited to: ability to maintain confidential documents and files, maintain a professional demeanor and positive attitude and have strong organizational & communication skills. This position should currently reside in the Austin area.
• Dates of Employment
• Start Date – September 2021
• Finish Date – June 2022
• Pay: $8.25/hr
• Hours/Week: 29hrs/week
• This position will work in/near the Austin, TX area
In every position, each employee is expected to: demonstrate alignment with SS&E's core values and mission, collaborate with internal/external family members and demonstrate ongoing development.
• Assist with planning and executing unforgettable Spurs brand experiences, for all Event Marketing opportunities across the South Central Texas region.
• Assist with communicating and scheduling Street Team for Event Marketing opportunities and game day responsibilities.
• Assist, organize, and track Event Marketing results.
• Maintain & organize Event Marketing promotional inventory & equipment.
• Assist the Marketing Department with various tasks as assigned.
• Current student or recent graduate in the degree fields of marketing, business, sports management, event management, or communications.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Power Point and other computer skills required.
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and problem solve.
• Ability to work long, flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
• Ability to lift 50lbs and assist with the setup and break down of events.
• Communicate effectively to leadership.
• Demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy.
• Strong teamwork aptitude required.
• Strong customer service skills required.
• Strong written communication skills.
• The ability to work independently and coordinate multiple tasks.
• Ability to operate a company-owned vehicle.
• Possess a clean driving record.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4je01-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.