Spurs Sports & Entertainment (SS&E) is in search of a dynamic public relations professional to join our team. If you're a passionate wordsmith with a knack for crafting press releases and meaningful key messages, we want to hear from you. In this role, you will be a key contributor to our high-performance team, collaborating closely with our internal business partners on day-to-day external communication efforts. Your work will play a vital role in promoting and protecting our brand through proactive and reactive communication. Our ideal candidate will champion a relationship-focused approach to implement communication strategies and deliverables that align with our corporate objectives and values, and positively position SS&E to key audiences.
The individual holding this position is expected to model the following practices on a daily basis: Demonstrate alignment with SS&E's core values and mission, collaborate with internal/external stakeholders and demonstrate ongoing development.
• Manage day-to-day communication efforts with a primary focus on community impact and Frost Bank Center-related communications to help purposefully tell SS&E's story. Support communication efforts for additional strategic business initiatives, as needed.
• Collaborate closely with the community impact and Frost Bank Center teams to develop compelling storylines and support day-to-day external communication needs.
• Draft, edit and lead the review process for press releases and other communications, such as key messages, with internal and external partners. Regularly pitch and partner with media for successful campaigns, events, concerts, community announcements, etc.
• Field and manage the decision process for interview requests, media inquiries and event credentials. Establish professional working relationships with key media.
• Celebrate communication, collaboration, and team by supporting day-to-day operations of corporate communication efforts, which includes participating in cross-departmental meetings, brainstorm sessions, maintaining department project trackers calendars and media contact lists, and developing and maintaining key internal relationships.
• Contribute to team discussions to thoughtfully and creatively pitch and place SS&E stories across local, regional, national, and global audiences.
In this position, the following competencies will contribute to the employee's success:
Action oriented, interpersonal savvy, organizational agility
• Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in public relations, journalism, marketing, communications, sports administration or a related field is preferred
• 1-2 years' experience in communications or public relations
• Proficient in AP Style
• Robust written and verbal communication skills to help shape a purposeful narrative for SS&E
• Experience collaborating with business partners and stakeholders within a complex organization
• Maintain a deep understanding of local news coverage and talent, especially as it relates to the business areas you lead
• Desire to communicate, collaborate and assist, approaching every day with a team-first mentality
• Demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy, while growing in pressure-packed situations
• Effective decision-making skills with the ability to identify solutions as needed
• Proactive, self-motivated and willingness to learn with a strong work-ethic
• Attention to detail with solid organizational and time-management skills
• Ability to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends, as needed
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Power Point, Google Docs and other computer skills.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx2mz4-18-206-48-243-42 in your application.