Spurs Sports & Entertainment (SS&E) is looking for a dynamic public relations professional to join our family.
Are you passionate about and have a talent for drafting press releases and key messages?
If so, we want to hear from you!
The person in this role will become part of a high-performing team who closely collaborates with our internal partners on external communications and who has with a successful track record and strong background in public relations. Our ideal candidate will use a relationship-based approach to develop communication strategies and deliverables that align with our corporate objectives and values, and positively position SS&E to key audiences.
In every position, each employee is expected to: Demonstrate Alignment with SS&E's Core Values and Mission, Collaborate with Internal/External Family Members and Demonstrate Ongoing Development.
• Lead corporate communications for community impact and the AT&T Center to help purposefully tell SS&E's story. This includes shaping and driving public relations strategies to increase earned media opportunities.
• Be responsible for day-to-day media relations efforts. Draft, edit and lead the review process for press releases with internal and external business partners. Regularly pitch media and partner with media for events, concerts, community announcements, etc.
• Field and manage the decision process for interview requests, media inquiries and event credentials. Establish professional working relationships with key media.
• Shape and implement internal awards nomination process for leadership to recognize outstanding staff performance
• Celebrate communication, collaboration and team by supporting day-to-day operations of corporate communication efforts, which includes participating in cross-departmental meetings, brainstorm sessions, maintaining department project trackers calendars and media contact lists and developing and maintaining key internal relationships
• 3-6 years' experience in communications or public relations
• Robust written and verbal communication skills to help shape a purposeful narrative for SS&E
• Proficient in AP Style
• Experience collaborating with business partners and stakeholders within a complex organization
• Desire to communicate, collaborate and assist, approaching every day with a team-first mentality
• Demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy, while growing in pressure-packed situations
• Effective decision-making skills with the ability to identify solutions as needed
• Proactive, self-motivated and eager to learn with a strong work-ethic
• Attention to detail with solid organizational and time-management skills
• Ability to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends as needed
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Power Point, Google docs and other computer literacy skills.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7m1qq-3-236-138-35-42 in your application.