Spurs Sports & Entertainment is seeking a Conversion Operations Manager to join our family!
The person in this role is responsible for the accurate and timely completion of arena conversions for all AT&T Center events which may include NBA and NCAA games, concerts and special events. He/She will manage a team primarily comprised of full-time/part-time employees, and support staff from outside staffing agencies. As the decision-making manager on site during overnight shifts, our ideal candidate will possess strong management and interpersonal skills, communicate clearly, and support team members to ensure a safe working environment and successful conversions on a consistent basis.
Does this sound like a role for you? If so, we want to hear from you!
In every position, each employee is expected to: demonstrate alignment with SS&E's core values and mission, collaborate with internal/external family members and demonstrate ongoing development.
• Coordinate all aspects of the conversion department including but not limited to, installation and removal of basketball floors. basketball goals, concert chairs, stages, tables, inventory, maintenance, and various other projects.
• Manage and schedule a team of leads and part-time staff ensuring staffing needs are consistently met through the selection, training, development, and evaluation of assigned personnel in accordance with SS&E hiring practices and policies.
• Implement and train staff on operating procedures, preventive maintenance schedules, emergency plans, and safety/risk management programs.
• Supervise and ensure the safe and consistent installation/removal of retractable seating units, seating platforms, scaffolding, and other mechanical systems.
• Schedule and oversee the performance of third-party staffing agencies regarding fulfillment of calls, staff performance, accuracy of invoicing and overall service.
• Perform additional duties as required .
• Associate's degree in a related field, or at least 3 years of equivalent experience in lieu of a degree
• 1+ years of supervisory, management and/or leadership experience.
• Preferred experience in the operations field to include basketball / concert conversions, retractable seating, fixed seating and other events.
• Ability to work overnight shifts in an arena setting. Flexible hours are required to include evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed to fulfill an event-based schedule.
• Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills with diverse staff, tenacious work ethic and strong written/verbal communication skills with the ability to prioritize and balance multiple tasks.
• Ability to complete projects and resolve issues expeditiously, and independently while showing initiative and good judgement.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, and Outlook. Aptitude to learn other platforms.
• Strong teamwork aptitude required.
• Demonstrate knowledge in operational procedures, facility capabilities, industry terminology, event related services and technical requirements for the types of events anticipated at the facility.
• Meet the physical demands of this role, which includes being able to get in and around the facility (requires personal mobility), lifting up to 75lbs., carrying, moving, climbing, and working from various heights with moderate to loud noises. Stand/Sit/Walk for long periods of time.
• Ability to operate equipment such as pallet jacks, forklifts, boom lifts, or other power-driven equipment. Certifications preferred.
• 10% of the job duties can be performed remotely/90% of the work performed onsite as needed or based on event load .
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyeezq-35-172-223-251-42 in your application.