At Spurs Sports & Entertainment (SS&E), we work in service of something bigger than ourselves, it's so much more than the game or concert itself. It takes all members of our Spurs Family to harness the power of sports and entertainment to build moments that endure, memories that excite, and connections that strengthen our community.
We are looking for dynamic Communications coordinator to join our team!
The person in this role will be a professional, energetic, creative individual with a successful track record and a strong background in public relations, media communications and digital innovation. The individual will facilitate work responsibilities associated with media relations and digital promotion for the Austin Spurs, as well as lead and execute public relations efforts for Spurs Sports & Entertainment in and around the Austin market. Does this sound like a fit for you? If so, we want to hear from you!
In every position, each employee is expected to: demonstrate alignment with SS&E's core values and mission, collaborate with internal/external family members and demonstrate ongoing development.
• Oversee media relations efforts including press releases, game notes, game recaps and media guide for the Austin Spurs. Receive and make decisions on all Austin Spurs interview requests, media inquiries, media availabilities and credential requests.
• Assist digital team with promotion plan for Austin Spurs social media platforms through idea generation, content development and planning for on and off-court content.
• Serve as contact for community impact, content and other appearance requests for Austin Spurs players, coaches and basketball staff.
• Coordinate all aspects of team game day stats crew for the Austin Spurs.
• Work with cross-departmental teams to design and execute creative strategies for SS&E brand awareness in Austin.
• Execute public relations strategy to increase earned media opportunities for SS&E in Austin.
• Establish professional working relationships with key press in Austin and have advanced knowledge of the media markets in and around the capital city.
• Produce ''SS&E News'' daily for internal media and information awareness.
• Be an active participant in Spurs Sports & Entertainment's overall public relations efforts.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and other computer skills required.
• Strong written, verbal communication, presentation and problem-solving skills required.
• Strong teamwork aptitude, and excellent customer service skills required.
• Able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays.
• Able to work independently and coordinate multiple tasks.
• Professional, highly organized and results-oriented individual willing to lead by example.
• Detail-oriented and organized; ability to handle several projects at once.
• Documented media and public relations experience (minimum of 1-2 years) with a collegiate, minor league and/or professional sports team is preferred.
• 75% of job able to be performed remotely/25% of work needed to be performed onsite as needed or on a seasonal basis.
• Some travel may be required.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpw7ne-18-232-179-5-42 in your application.