The Spurs Basketball Camp coach is a seasonal contracted position that facilitates basketball camps Monday-Friday during designated camp weeks. This position is a week by week position that depends on number of athletes and availability. Coaching positions usually occur during summer, fall, winter and spring break time periods. Experience can vary from middle school, high school, or college coaching experience, to student coaching or coaching internship experience. Coaches will have experience working with children and exude a professional image at all times as they are the face of our basketball camps for our campers and their families. Coaches must take full pride in representing Spurs Sports and Entertainment in a professional manner .
In every position, each employee is expected to: demonstrate alignment with SS&E's core values and mission, collaborate with internal/external family members and demonstrate ongoing development.
• Adjust coaching techniques, based on the strengths and opportunities of athletes. Teach, coach, instruct, and have the ability to demonstrate basketball skills and positive values, in accordance to the camp curriculum and as an extension of the San Antonio Spurs.
• Provide training direction and encouragement to prepare athletes for games, competitive events, and/or tours. Identifying the developmental needs of the camp participants and work to improve their knowledge and skills.
• Model and display professionalism in appearance, customer service and coaching behavior. Demonstrate professionalism at all times towards participants, parents, team members and the public and have the ability to be alert and attentive to all camp participants.
• Supervise and motivate children between the ages of 6-18, for a period of 5-6 days.
• Maintain, prepare and organize instructional and evaluation materials. Complete timely and accurate evaluations of all player participants.
• This position requires an officiating assignment to be conducted with pride and without bias.
• Ability to attend required staff meetings, which are held in the gym at 7:30am on Mondays, and 8:15am Tuesdays through Fridays.
• Attend camp orientation meeting in May and daily staff meetings during the camp week/season.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Working knowledge of basketball.
• Working knowledge of basketball officiating standards.
• Minimum of 5 years middle school, high school, or college programs, dealing with different skill levels.
• Ability to travel locally to accommodate multiple camp locations.
• The flexibility and organizational skills to assist the on-site camp director with special appearances, camp set-up, check-in/registration, customer service, or any other assigned duties.
• Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information and work with a variety of personalities.
• Strong teamwork aptitude required.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
• Stand/Walk for long periods of time.
• Ability to lift/push/pull 50 pounds on a regular basis.
• Ability to successfully pass our reference and background screening process.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re8615-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.