About Spurs Sports & Entertainment (SS&E)-The San Antonio Spurs bring together millions of fans as we play for the chance to be named the best team in the NBA. But the SS&E family of brands are about much more than just basketball. We are about molding the leaders and legacies that brings together generations of families year after year. We are about the excitement of basketball, soccer and live events - an experience that cannot be replicated. We are about making a meaningful impact in the community around us, and we are about our city of San Antonio and ensuring we embody and represent the diversity and uniqueness of this region.
We are seeking a passionate Marketing professional to join our team! The person in this role will be responsible for overseeing specific marketing functions for key SS&E business units, as well as collaborating on marketing projects and processes throughout the organization. The indiviual will oversee Spurs Marketing Coordinators, including oversight of marketing strategy for Spurs Give and Spurs Sports Academy, as well as Spurs traditional and institutional marketing schedules.
This person will proactively interact with a variety of cross-functional areas, such as Marketing Partnerships, Creative Services, Digital Communications and Game Presentation to achieve organizational goals and objectives, while overseeing and developing full-time staff. Does this sound like a fit for you? If so, we want to hear from you!
In every position, each employee is expected to: Demonstrate Alignment with SS&E's Core Values and Mission, Collaborate with Internal/External Family Members and Demonstrate Ongoing Development.
• Develop annual strategic marketing & communication plans for key SS&E business units while facilitating each plan's execution through delegation and collaboration with internal stakeholders.
• Create innovative digital-first marketing strategies which help achieve strategic business goals and engage fans. Oversee, implement, forecast and recap marketing & communication campaigns.
• Maintain working knowledge of target audiences, new products and services, results of marketing and promotional tactics, and new marketing-related technologies.
• Play a key role in long-term strategic planning and development of department, business unit and franchise goal setting.
• Develop and maintain professional, collaborative relationships with internal departments and external stakeholders to achieve strategic marketing goals and business objectives.
• Oversee and manage the training and development of Full-Time Marketing staff, while assisting with day-to-day operations of the Marketing Department.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree; preferably in Marketing or Communications.
• 4-6 years' experience in a Marketing role, or related field.
• Experience or aptitude to manage full-time staff.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite to include Excel, Power Point, Adobe Photoshop and other computer skills required.
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, proactively problem solve and be highly organized.
• Ability to work long, flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
• Ability to lift 30lbs with assistance.
• Possess a clean driving record in order to operate company-owned vehicles.
• Ability to perform 80% of responsibilities remotely; 20% of work to be performed on site as needed.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0pwym-18-232-179-5-42 in your application.