Spurs Sports & Entertainment (SS&E) is seeking an experienced, versatile Associate Design Manager to join our family! This is an exciting opportunity to join a team of creatives who make multipurpose content for digital, social, mobile, experiential, and marketing channels. The person in this role will work with and support three (3) Full-Time Graphic Designers & one (1) Part-Time Designer to ideate, design, and develop innovative content across platforms. She/He will focus on design-led storytelling that transcends sports to connect our franchises and properties with our current and future fan base.
Our ideal candidate will be a proactive leader with a passion for creativity and sports, and use their keen relationship building skills to lead & develop a team. A strong understanding of current social, digital, and design trends that will engage a younger audience is also a must. Does this sound like a fit for you? If so, we want to hear from you!
In every position, each employee is expected to: demonstrate alignment with SS&E's core values and mission, collaborate with internal/external family members and demonstrate ongoing development.
• Develop & maintain consistent design to ensure timely completion of projects, while upholding established brand standards for SS&E franchises and properties. Workflow spans across paid, owned, and earned verticals.
• Collaborate with Brand leadership & Creative operations team on project management, track hours and consistent status updates on individual projects.
• Provide constructive feedback, mentorship, and counsel to team members. Responsible for the day-to-day oversight & development of the Design Team. Create functional structures & workflows to provide effective & efficient development of creative assets.
• Help maintain and establish department policies. Coordinate with external vendors, agencies, and partners when necessary to ensure quality & brand consistency of design work.
• Create presentations that tell compelling stories and sell ideas. Partnering with the Creative dept. to ensure all design executions across mediums are on-brand.
• 4+ years design experience
• 2+ years managing a team
• Ability to balance multiple responsibilities and assignments while meeting deadlines
• Possess a strong aesthetic sense, attention to detail, and can work independently, as well as with a team
• Ability to quickly and creatively respond to a given prompt, articulate and visualize a range of possibilities
• Experience in Branding and logo development, with strong composition, layout, and typography skills
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (an extra plus for After Effects) and Keynote
• Excellent oral, written, and graphic communication skills required; exceptional presentation skills that consistently champion you or the team's work.
• Ability to research and share modern visual trends in sports, entertainment, and form lifestyle brands to inspire future projects.
• Ability to apply innovative creativity, risk taking, and forward-thinking strategies to the teams work and can develop concepts from idea to fully executed solutions.
• Flexible schedule: 80% of responsibilities can be performed remotely, 20% of work onsite as needed, willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv7o07-34-204-180-223-42 in your application.