The SAG-AFTRA Foundation is looking for an innovative team player to join our Communications team. In this role, you will report to the Director of Communications, and will manage the day-to-day on all Foundation and Storyline Online social accounts. You will work cross functionally with all departments to ensure strategy, message and materials are represented online in the most impactful way possible. You must have a deep knowledge and understanding of the digital and social media world, and the drive and desire to make a difference in the performing arts community.
In addition, the Social Media and Communications Manager assists to develop and execute the Foundation’s overall communications strategy which includes drafting communications, talking points, and event marketing materials, as well as producing and managing SAF’s internal communications. The ideal candidate is an outstanding writer and copy editor with project management experience and excellent knowledge of social media strategy and execution.
- Strategize and manage all SAG-AFTRA Foundation and Storyline Online social media and digital content
- Write all copy for content and social media assets across all platforms
- Assist in the creation of digital materials, making sure the online content reflects the tone, strategy, and messaging of the brand, program and/or campaign
- Manage social content calendars and campaign timelines
- Collaborate with development team to create fundraising opportunities through social media - influencer/brand partnerships, member shout outs/testimonial videos
- Develop campaign plans to promote/repurpose Conversations and evergreen content
- Collaborate with programming team to provide pre and post social content to talent and panelists to promote and amplify events
- Curate and post short video teasers to drive traffic to long form content
- Strategize opportunities for paid social media ads and boosted posts
- Collaborate with several partner organizations’ social media managers to create cross-promotional opportunities
- Maintain quality control of social pages and verify that information is correct and up to date on all SAF and Storyline Online social pages
- Manage onsite digital and social activities at events such as screenings and Q&As, fundraisers, promo shoots and educational performers’ programs
- Update departments on Foundation’s digital profile, new initiatives, and social trends
- Assist the Director of Communications with copy-writing for press releases, public statements, talking points, and other communications materials
- Ensure that internal description and messaging about SAF’s work is consistent and in line with brand guidelines
- Maintain internal organization of social media assets and communications materials
- Track, capture and archive press clips
- Prepare documents and materials for internal meetings
- Implement, monitor, adhere to, and enforce compliance with all Foundation policies, procedures, and standards and local, state, and federal law as applicable
- Any task as assigned by management
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism or related field.
- Minimum of two (2) years digital marketing experience on either agency or client side, public relations, and/or communications
- Demonstrated ability in executing social media strategy, successful social campaigns, and brand awareness and tone
- Expert knowledge of functions of digital platforms (FB, TW, IG, YouTube, TikTok, etc.) and analytics
- Demonstrated ability to research, write, and convey complex and fact-checked information in a variety of formats to a variety of audiences (e.g., social media audiences, union performers, donors and other stakeholders)
- Demonstrated copy-writing ability, including working knowledge of Associated Press style
- Deep understanding of the entertainment industry
- Exemplary project management and organizational skills
- Ability to collaborate and work in harmony with diverse teams and individuals, and in an inclusive environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and G-Suite
- Highly proactive self-starter who is able to juggle projects in a fast-paced environment and exercise good judgment
- Preferred: Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
- Preferred: Editorial experience (Final Cut, Adobe Premiere, etc.)
The Social Media and Communications Manager reports to the Director of Communications and at times will work with various department heads and program managers on social media strategy and content, and communications messaging about their programs.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Benefits include: 401K retirement plan; escalating vacation; paid sick, personal days and holidays; and health benefits for employees including medical, dental, vision, flex spending accounts, employee assistance program and life and long-term disability insurance.
- The SAG-AFTRA Foundation does not have the ability to provide relocation benefits to candidates.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified. Management reserves the right to revise or amend duties at any time.
- Staff members are expected to consciously and continuously promote the mission, values, programs, and impact of the organization when presented with opportunities for participating in membership development and reaching out to personal connections on behalf of the SAG-AFTRA Foundation.
- This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Critical features of this job are described under the headings below. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
About the SAG-AFTRA Foundation
The SAG-AFTRA Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that provides vital assistance and free educational programming to the professionals of SAG-AFTRA while serving the public at large through its award-winning children's literacy program Storyline Online®. The Foundation relies solely on support from gifts, grants and sponsorships to maintain its free programs.
The SAG-AFTRA Foundation is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. The SAG-AFTRA Foundation is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvoky0-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.