The Writer Producer, Branded Content plays a key role on a team where creativity, marketing, and commerce come together. As a brand representative for Rolling Stone, this role will help to drive revenue and audience awareness across multiple platforms through creative and innovative branded content and lead a growing creative team on the Marketing side.
• Bring creativity, collaboration, and curiosity to a cross-functional marketing team
• Research, report, write and edit content across platforms, including digital and print media
• Join pre-sale brainstorms and collaborate with sales and strategy on proposal development including ideation, talent, and budgets
• Manage program pre-production and development including creative timelines, video treatments, talent recommendations, and article ideation
• Manage program creative execution including on-set production, talent interviews, talent management, article writing, post-production supervision, and event creative support
• Book talent and manage all aspects of program participation including drafting offer memos, overseeing contract execution, campaign logistics, creative participation, payment, and social posts Liaise with the editorial team and advise on program creativity, timelines, and elements
• Identify and hire freelance program support as needed and process all contracts and payments including writers, producers, editors, directors, photographers, stylists, hair and make-up, etc.
• Oversee all digital production including copywriting and digital publishing of articles and videos in WordPress
• Work with Project Management to provide timelines and estimated budgets for pre-sale pitches
• Coordinate communication across cross-functional teams – Marketing, Vendors, Clients, Legal
• Work with Project Management to provide and track various project documentation – i.e. SOWs, releases
• Supervise AP/Producer
• The candidate should be extremely detail-oriented and be able to multitask/handle many projects at once in a team-oriented environment
• 5 years of writing and producing experience at a major publication, brand, or network Exceptional written, verbal, and organizational skills
• Proficient in content publishing including WordPress
• Strong freelance network of writers, producers, editors, directors, photographers
• Love of music and pop culture
• Must be able to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing
• Must be able to work independently and under pressure
• Exceptional proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint/Keynote, WordPress
• Strong knowledge of video codecs, file formats, and their workflows in relation to post-production
• Familiarity managing budgets
• Familiarity with AirTable is a plus
• Video editing experience with Adobe Premiere and/or Avid is a plus
• Ability to travel 25% of the time
Typical wage range: $80k - $90k
Factors that could be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, years of experience and comparison to current employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range. The total compensation package for this position will also include other elements, a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits including 401(k) eligibility and paid time off benefits. PMC is committed to the health and wellness of our employees. As part of our company-wide rollout of PMC's paid healthcare plan, for this role the company pays 100% of the monthly health, dental and vision plan premiums for the employee and their family. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
If you have more or less experience than specified on this job posting, please apply and list your salary expectations.
If hired, employee will be in an ''at-will position'' and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors).
About Rolling Stone:
Rolling Stone, the number one brand in music publishing, has been the leading voice of music and popular culture for 50 years. The multi-media brand features the latest in music reviews, in-depth interviews, hard-hitting political commentary, and award-winning journalism across many platforms including magazine, digital, mobile, social, and event marketing. Rolling Stone provides ''all the news that fits'' to a global audience of approximately 60 million people every month and publishes over 100 pieces of content every day
About Penske Media Corporation
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate audience. Since 2004, PMC has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Variety, Rolling Stone, The Hollywood Reporter, Billboard, Dick Clark Productions, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Deadline, Sportico, BGR, ARTnews, Fairchild Media, Vibe, IndieWire, Dirt, Artforum, Gold Derby, Spy.com and Luminate, the premier data and analytics company. PMC's journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth, and courage. In addition, PMC owns several vital cultural events such as SXSW, LA3C, Life is Beautiful, Latin Music Week and ATX Television Festival. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good www.pmc.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb3vky-3-239-117-1-42 in your application.