Director, Diversity Outreach
Warner Bros. Discovery
New York, NY
The Manager of Events will be responsible for organizing and producing signature events for Rolling Stone, as well as events surrounding key consumer and industry cultural moments.
This position will work closely with the Director of Events & Programming and support the design, overall event experience, and production budgets and handle logistics from start to finish for each event across the Live Media/Events team's calendar.
In this role you must be resourceful, a creative thinker, data-driven, and an experienced event marketing professional. You must have hands-on experience planning and executing events in a variety of formats including consumer-facing, industry summits and forums, and privately sponsored events. The position requires superior project management skills, attention to detail, organization, writing, and communication skills.
This position reports to the Director of Events & Programming.
• Assist in the development of branded sponsor integrations including proprietary events from concept to execution including venue sourcing, catering, and other specialty elements
• Plan, lead, and organize cross-functional teams on-site including production, artist liaisons, venue staff, and audiovisual teams … to ensure a cohesive event experience for artists, attendees, sponsors, clients, agency, and staff.
• Consistently research new venues, emerging artists, and event trends and build upon the arsenal of valuable event vendors and contacts as resources
• Budget creation support, submission, and reconciliation with Finance & Legal teams
• Set, communicate, and maintain timelines and priorities on event programs
• Liaise with PR, Sponsor, and analytics teams to handle segmented registration and correspondence before, during, and after events.
• Consolidate key metrics, databases & scorecards to drive informed decisions.
• Manage cross-functional communication with internal stakeholders from editing, sales, marketing, photo/video, finance, and legal
• Support in show advancing with agencies, talent, and vendors. Create deliverables and production schedules
• Assist with event Run-of-Show and staff communication and build cross-functional teams' production schedules.
• Provide post-event analysis, budget recaps, and internal and client feedback and incorporate learning into future event plans. Identify budget and process synergies and overall best practices.
• General support of the Director of Events & Programming
• 3- 5 years + relevant experience preferably containing a mix of Marketing, Event Production, or Operations
• Skilled in project management. Knowledge of KPIs and marketing techniques for event management
• Customer service orientation with outstanding communication and negotiation ability with internal and external cross-functional teams
• Agency and Experiential experience a plus
• Ability to manage a team and juggle multiple requests in a fast-moving environment.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to problem solve
• Project Management, Data Analysis, attention to detail, and roll- up sleeve attitude
• Creativity, big-picture/ what's-next-mentality, and love for the culture are a huge plus!
Typical wage range: $65k - $75k
Factors that could be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, years of experience and comparison to current employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range. The total compensation package for this position will also include other elements, a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits including 401(k) eligibility and paid time off benefits. PMC is committed to the health and wellness of our employees. PMC is committed to the health and wellness of our employees. As part of our company-wide rollout of PMC's paid healthcare plan, for this role the company pays 100% of the monthly health, dental and vision plan premiums for the employee and their family. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
If you have more or less experience than specified on this job posting, please apply and list your salary expectations.
If hired, employee will be in an ''at-will position'' and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors).
About Rolling Stone:
Rolling Stone, the number one brand in music publishing, has been the leading voice of music and popular culture for 50 years. The multi-media brand features the latest in music reviews, in-depth interviews, hard-hitting political commentary, and award-winning journalism across many platforms including magazine, digital, mobile, social, and event marketing. Rolling Stone provides ''all the news that fits'' to a global audience of approximately 60 million people every month and publishes over 100 pieces of content every day
About Penske Media Corporation
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate audience. Since 2004, PMC has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Variety, Rolling Stone, The Hollywood Reporter, Billboard, Dick Clark Productions, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Deadline, Sportico, BGR, ARTnews, Fairchild Media, Vibe, IndieWire, Dirt, Artforum, Gold Derby, Spy.com and Luminate, the premier data and analytics company. PMC's journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth, and courage. In addition, PMC owns several vital cultural events such as SXSW, LA3C, Life is Beautiful, Latin Music Week and ATX Television Festival. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good www.pmc.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjpb0w-3-239-6-58-42 in your application.
Salary Range: $65,000 to $75,000 Per Year ($ USD)