Photo / AV Curation Manager
Los Angeles, CA
Rolling Stone is hiring an E-commerce Writer to create shoppable content covering everything from tech and electronics, to fitness gear, grooming, smart home devices, and more.
The ideal candidate will have experience writing e-commerce content and demonstrated interest in covering consumer tech, fashion and fitness. Experience working with affiliate networks and link-tracking platforms is preferred and is a major plus. This prospective writer should be bursting with great pitches for product reviews and roundups that are a perfect fit for Rolling Stone's audience. This person must also have the ability to create snappy copy that incorporates general SEO best practices. The ability to juggle multiple projects at once is key, as is the ability to turn around quick, concise articles timed to breaking news (I.e. new product announcements or launches). We're looking for a writer with keen attention to detail who's deadline-oriented and can create content start-to-finish in our CMS.
• Write and produce 10-15 pieces of shoppable content roundups per week, including dedicated product reviews, sale roundups, gift guides and more
• Update existing content ensuring latest product launches and SEO best practices are reflected
• Work closely with the managing editor and e-commerce team to prioritize a mixture of content updates and new assignments while meeting daily and weekly deadlines
• Develop relationships with PR reps in the industry
• Attend local and national industry events, as needed, to offer live coverage
• Note: this is for an e-commerce writing position and not a music or entertainment position so experience and interest in e-commerce and affiliate marketing is a must
• Minimum of 2-3 years of professional experience in digital media, preferably in e-commerce
• Solid knowledge of SEO best practices
• The ability to work independently, extremely detail-oriented and thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
• Successful and current relationships with key PR people in the market a plus
• Daily experience working within a CMS (familiarity with WordPress preferred)
• Proficiency with Photoshop or other image editing software a plus
Typical wage range: $52k - $62k
Factors that could be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, years of experience and comparison to current employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range. The total compensation package for this position will also include other elements, a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits including 401(k) eligibility and paid time off benefits. PMC is committed to the health and wellness of our employees. PMC is committed to the health and wellness of our employees. As part of our company-wide rollout of PMC's paid healthcare plan, for this role the company pays 100% of the monthly health, dental and vision plan premiums for the employee and their family. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
If you have more or less experience than specified on this job posting, please apply and list your salary expectations.
If hired, employee will be in an ''at-will position'' and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors).
It's all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
About Rolling Stone:
Rolling Stone, the number one brand in music publishing, has been the leading voice of music and popular culture for 50 years. The multi-media brand features the latest in music reviews, in-depth interviews, hard-hitting political commentary, and award-winning journalism across many platforms including magazine, digital, mobile, social, and event marketing. Rolling Stone provides ''all the news that fits'' to a global audience of approximately 60 million people every month and publishes over 100 pieces of content every day
PMC is a leading independent global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Deadline, Variety, Rolling Stone, Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter, VIBE, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Sportico, BGR, ARTnews, Art in America, Fairchild Media, and Spy.com, among many others. PMC's journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth, and courage. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good. To learn more about PMC, our 2% Foundation, and our portfolio of brands, please visit www.PMC.com
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb3nzo-3-239-119-61-42 in your application.
Salary Range: $52,000 to $62,000 Per Year ($ USD)