Vice President (Sponsorship Consulting & Experiential, Sports & Entertainment)
We are looking for a strategic and thoughtful leader who can serve as the in-market, day-to-day client lead to deliver across sports and entertainment strategy, sponsorships and activations for a newly won financial industry client.
In this role, you will be joining the team of professionals that work in R&CPMK's Brand Experience division. The job will be based in Charlotte, North Carolina as well as working remotely and future travel to other key markets (pending COVID considerations) should be anticipated.
Who You Are
• A strategic leader and excellent tactician who rolls up their sleeves to get things done, with at least 8-10 years of experience within an agency setting or in-house brand
• An expert across sports and entertainment, who has successfully navigated, managed and executed complex sponsorships as well event activations; has existing relationships with professional leagues and teams
• A confident communicator who can engage and deliver in a myriad of settings to client senior leadership
• A strong team leader who is great at identifying and cultivating talent; knows how to bring out the best in their team
• A leader who thrives in a fast paced environment, but is collaborative, within the agency as well as with other agency partners
• A problem solver; someone who will jump in, no matter the task, to ensure that the work is done on behalf of the client
• Someone who can think independently and is self-assured in making tough decisions
• A subject matter expert in the field, but understands all aspects of marketing and communications
• Consumer of culture; always connected to what is happening across trends and news in sports, entertainment, music, etc.
• Strong analytical skills that can tap into data tools to provide quick assessments to clients
• A professional who is efficient, highly organized, able to quickly adapt to changing environments
The Fine Print
• Serve as a day to day contact for the client located in Charlotte; reports to agency SVP based on the east coast.
• Provide hands-on strategy and support of all sports and entertainment sponsorships, initiatives and activations
• Collaborates with other internal teams to deliver against client programs and KPIs. Other teams include but not limited to are: Creative, Strategic Insights & Analytics, Brand Comms, Influencer and Multicultural
• Lead all aspects of and manage large scale and community based activations and local support teams
• Budgeting, scope and contractual negotiation and management
• Provide ongoing POVs of current trends across sports, entertainment, lifestyle, culture to client senior leadership
• Implement program measurement and communication cadence for client
• Accountable for quality control and review of all budgets, planning decks, recaps, status reports, work back schedules, deliverables, vendor and partner contracts and overall project management
• Manage and develop local Charlotte team
• Responsible for forecasting and planning budgets for all client programming
• Pitch, close and implement comprehensive plans for all client partnerships and activations
• Proactively bring new insights regarding sponsorship opportunities, events and other activations to the client
• Lead all aspects of all branding and messaging to be incorporated throughout all facets of client sponsorships
• Ensure successful execution of partnership and event integrations
• Manage organic revenue growth on clients
• Assist in leading a team(s) on new business pitches
Who We Are
R&CPMK is a creative marketing and communications agency that connects our clients to consumers through the ever-changing world of entertainment, sports, lifestyle, influence, and popular culture. We work with brands, creators, artists, athletes, and influencers to create authentic connections and build memorable experiences with consumers and fans. Thanks to our long-standing history and client relations, our team of experts have lasting relationships and an earned trust in the industry. With our unique position, and the insight to know what to do with it, we bring a depth of skill and relationships in key practices areas, providing best in class work on behalf of our clients.
Our core competencies include Brand Experience (Sponsorship Strategy & Consulting, Experiential), Brand Communication & Strategy, Talent Representation, Content Marketing & Brand Integration, Multicultural Marketing, Talent & Influencer, Music, Insights & Analytics and Brand Transformation. We have helped launch, grow, and transform some of the most impactful brands in the world, and we are strategic partners with more than 400 of the most iconic voices and storytellers in film, television, music, and sports making us the preeminent leader in global entertainment marketing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Rogers & Cowan/PMK is the preeminent integrated marketing and communications agency in global entertainment.