Full Time Job
Social Media Manager
Rogers & Cowan / PMK
- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
R&CPMK is the preeminent integrated marketing and communications agency in global entertainment. The agency represents more than 400 of the most prominent and influential musicians, actors, producers, directors, content creators and athletes in the world, and creates distinctive integrated marketing campaigns for some of the largest brands and Fortune 500 companies.
We are a creative communications agency with insider access allowing us to influence trends and spark meaningful conversations. We leverage culture to create defining moments and experiences that stand the test of time. Our unique position, and the insight to know what to do with it, allows us to deliver the best of brand marketing with the best of entertainment strategies.
With offices in Los Angeles, New York and London, R&CPMK is part of the Octagon Sports and Entertainment Network.
The Social Media Manager is a hub in the spoke of a team – someone who uses a wide base of social media knowledge to manage clients that touch brand, entertainment and talent. This position is expected to manage and execute varying social media needs for a wide range of clients and industries. While each client's needs are different you can expect to work in the following ways for any given client: develop social media look & feel, execute social campaigns, craft social strategy, develop creative requests and direction, analyze social metrics, educate and advise the team on social platforms, and lead 1-2 junior staff per account. This position reports into the Senior Director.
• Ability to craft social strategy, lead lines of business with limited supervision.
• Composing client agendas and overall direction, and management of process, procedure, and staff to execute that direction, with little to no supervision and but under the direction of senior staff.
• Competent and coherent management of to further team and client objectives, including providing clear communication and direction, strong and powerful leadership, and ability to take direction and implement.
• Develop look & feel for social channels that is cohesive to the brand yet adheres to platform best practices and preferences.
• Clear understanding of daily engagement practices in the social space.
• Knowledge of growth hacking efforts that move the needle for channel growth and engagement.
• Deep understanding of the various tools each social platform has, with a specific eye toward:
• Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, Pinterest
• Experience in boosting social posts to targeted audiences.
• Ability to pitch our social practice to perspective and current clients within the agency.
• Deep understanding of working with a graphics team, and how to maintain authenticity on talent, brand and entertainment accounts visually.
• Understanding how to communicate with celebrities, influencers and executives.
• Flawless understanding of the marriage of data and storytelling.
• Understanding of proper cadence and social platform uses.
• Train junior staff, from assistants to supervisors, in how to be successful.
• Seamless management and execution of all deliverables associated with a client, on all timelines, with inputs from a wide variety of different directions and stakeholders.
• Detailed and consistent creative campaign planning, including sourcing campaign components, and executing them in all areas with effective and seamless work under the supervision of senior staff.
• Ability to prioritize junior staff workload on social with input from client leads.
• and new business.
• Limited administrative tasks, including filing your own expenses, organizing POs, tracking client OOPs and budgets.
The Fine Print:
• At least 4-5 years experience in the field of social media as your primary job, including staff management.
• Experience creating and executing on social campaigns for brand, entertainment, talent.
• Knowledge of the entertainment industry.
• Ability to dictate asset requests and understand the landscape of creative.
• Experience in a pitch room, signing new clients.
• Experience in managing several social clients at once.
• Understanding of social listening and social analytics and how/when to pivot direction based on data.
• Knowledge of how social integrates inside 360 degree campaigns.
• Experience coordinating with publicity and marketing teams to develop seamless strategy and ladder up to larger client objectives.
• Flexibility in schedule – as social is an ''always on'' practice, availability (limited) outside of working hours may be required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Rogers & Cowan / PMK
Rogers & Cowan/PMK is the preeminent integrated marketing and communications agency in global entertainment.