R&CPMK is looking for a Senior Director of Strategy, reporting directly to the agency's Chief Strategy & Transformation Officer. In this position, you will use your previous experience, to help lead large-scale Strategy across the agency's wide portfolio of clients! You will work in partnership with the CSTO, to deliver a consistent approach to Strategy within the agency. You will also build your own independent relationships across the agency, our holding company, and our clients. You are expected to be able to lead client strategy in tandem with existing client leads, helping to provide a strategy POV; we want you to bring new and innovative ideas to the table; you will apply what's happening in the world at large to our agency's work, and help build a bridge between the two.
This is first and foremost not a client services role, although you may be providing services to a client; this is a strategy-focused role where you are here to innovate for clients as an intra-agency resource.
The Fine Print:
• Work directly with CSTO to develop and action strategy for the agency and its clients
• Partners with client-facing teams to immediately understand their needs and goals, and develop ways to help them see the bigger picture and apply that understanding
• Build new and ''never before done'' ideas on a consistent basis.
• Be a constant source of inspiration, positivity, and passion, even in the face of otherwise overwhelming obstacles
• Thread all aspects of marketing from earned, to paid, to digital, to social to analytics into a single cohesive and elevated strategy
• Create innovative and highly engaging campaigns with a clear understanding of the consumer journey and how to achieve a return on investment.
• Maximize messaging to achieve marketing goals, tactical marketing plans across all marketing channels
• Closely partner teams of diverse skillsets in digital, paid media, and social media marketing
• Manage client expectations with strong project management skills
• Find opportunities to add additional support for clients, selling in additional services and campaigns as opportunities arise.
• Partner with the CSTO on new business opportunities.
• Continually assess and streamline marketing processes to drive efficiency.
You don't have to have a history in a strategy role; you have to have a history of thinking, and acting, strategically in a marketing role, from a consumer-focused point of view. We would like you to possess a passion for marrying data with storytelling, an outgoing personality, and a ''win together'' mentality that leads by example. You will also be able to balance a diverse group of partners and many projects at any time with minimal direction.
We are looking for someone who is a quick learner, seeks new challenges in a fast-paced environment, demonstrates initiative.
• 8+ years of professional experience in marketing; minimum 4 years of experience using elevated strategy
• A track record of matching data and storytelling and bringing them to life in marketing campaigns.
• Creative experience, including ideation and innovation, across large-scale projects in both short and long-term duration
• Experience leading and inspiring a team to learn and grow, including the direct management of junior staff and experience managing staff cross-functionally.
• Cross-functional teamwork, including setting and leading brainstorms and new business proposals, building relationships internally and externally, and project running a diverse slate of clients and partners
• Case studies that demonstrate your use of strategy-focused innovation and client services, either in-house or at an agency
• Enthusiastic teammate with the flexibility to re-prioritize, multi-task and switch tasks fluidly.
• Self-motivated and takes initiative with an innovative approach to drive new ideas and think outside of the box as an entrepreneurial leader.
• Ability to learn and adapt quickly.
• Outgoing, personable, hard to fluster, able to think on your feet
• Able and willing to understand gaps in knowledge, and fill them, for yourself and others
• Unyielding desire to learn, assess the competitive landscape, and challenge the status quo.
• Especially organized with excellent attention to detail.
• Proactive and process-driven, with the ability to think ahead to the full scope of projects and deliver work on time and accurately.
• Outstanding communication and collaboration.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1yn8x-3-231-230-177-42 in your application.