Senior Account Executive, Consumer Brand PR
Rogers & Cowan / PMK
Century City, CA
We are excited to be looking for a hardworking Senior Account Executive (SAE) to join our growing Multicultural Marketing & Communications team in Los Angeles! This exciting team is responsible for developing culture-driven communications strategies and diverse initiatives that thoughtfully connect our brand and entertainment clients to multicultural audiences.
We are looking for a strategic and creative earned media specialist with strong media relationships with national consumer, multicultural, and B2B press across broadcast, print, and online media.
We are seeking a collaborative teammate, who is able to work independently, and takes initiative. You have your finger on the pulse of entertainment, culture, and current events impacting multicultural communities with an interest and passion for companies in the food & beverage and CPG space.
You will use your writing talent to craft solid media pitches, press releases, story angles, and other media materials to engage press and secure coverage.
The Fine Print:
• This role will be responsible for Media Relations and strategic outreach to lifestyle, food, trade, multicultural and entertainment outlets
• You will help guide and actively participate in earned media strategy development and take ownership for executing key programs such as product launches, seasonal outreach, philanthropic events, breaking news, etc.
• We would like you to cultivate and maintain relationships with press and social media influencers
• You will also participate in the creation of PR plans and strategic recommendation memos
• This role supports in handling strategic partnerships on behalf of clients by identifying and cultivating relationships with key media contacts.
Who you are:
You will bring your experience and knowledge in the multicultural space to our brand and entertainment clients. You are committed to elevating purpose-driven campaigns that connect our clients with diverse consumers. You are an outstanding storyteller who understands how to strategically custom-craft narratives for varying audiences. Ability to develop and nurture client confidence and relationships and an awareness of how to merchandise results to clients.
• 4+ years PR experience at an agency or in-house (at a company with a relevant scope and focus)
• A solid track record of developing and implementing relationships with key media in the multicultural space in order to generate buzz and earned media.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills, AP Style proficient
• A strategic and creative approach in story concept development and outreach
• Cultural competency and understanding of diverse consumers and their experiences
• Experience working as part of an integrated cross-functional marketing team, representing the PR POV across workstreams
• Ability to quickly grasp business needs and priorities, trending topics, and connect the dots in order to build timely media opportunities and strategies for clients
• Stays positive and productive while under pressure
Who we are:
R&CPMK is the preeminent integrated marketing and communications agency in global entertainment. The agency represents more than 400 of the most prominent and influential musicians, actors, producers, directors, content creators, and athletes in the world, and crafts distinctive integrated marketing campaigns for some of the largest brands and Fortune 500 companies.
We are a creative communications agency with insider access allowing us to influence trends and fuel meaningful conversations. We use culture to create defining moments and experiences that stand the test of time. Our unique position, and the insight to know what to do with it, allows us to deliver the best of brand marketing with the best of entertainment strategies.
With offices in Los Angeles, New York and London, R&CPMK is part of the Octagon Sports and Entertainment Network
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx3y1q-3-236-222-124-42 in your application.
Rogers & Cowan/PMK is the preeminent integrated marketing and communications agency in global entertainment.