Senior Account Executive, Brands (Music)
*Please note, the location of this role can be either in Los Angeles, CA or New York, NY.
At Rogers & Cowan PMK we believe that everything we see or do can become entertainment. Something to experience, bring together and share. It is where these things collide that excites us. It's where they meet up that marketing is at its most successful.
In the olden days, consumers expected to have things presented to them. It was a simple arrangement. Our job – any agency's job – was to make a snazzy commercial and some eye-catching posters. A generalization, but the end goal was for consumers to see them and buy into the brand.
Now though, consumers have changed. Well, we all have. People are much savvier, much more aware. Not content with passive interaction (and who can blame us?). If we see something, we want to learn about it, play with it, view it from more than one place. At R&CPMK, we see these interactions as opportunities. A chance to add meaning, to build, or enhance a relationship. After all, if you want someone to remember you or like you, it's not enough just to be in the same room as them. You have to be part of the action, strike up a conversation, and offer them something of value.
For us, that's something to hang on to and be proud of. Something worth getting right. It's also something that everyone in our global network is dedicated to. The last 11 years have taught us that for brands both great and small (and we've worked with a lot), entertainment and passion are the best way to reach consumers and turn them into fans.
We are seeking a Senior Account Executive to support multiple programs and execution for the music platform of a global B2B technology client. This role will report to the Vice President and will assist with the overall planning/execution process. It will also have various day-to-day program management tasks and client/agency integration responsibilities.
The ideal candidate will be able to work both independently and agency team setting, while supporting the brand-focused initiatives and event activations. This position typically requires demonstrated client management background, experience in developing strategic recommendations, and event management/hospitality experience.
The Fine Print:
• Support the development of marketing activation plans and strategies
• Assist with planning and execution of custom Marketing programs
• Build detailed client presentations
• Balance numerous projects simultaneously, including large-scale custom-built experiences & turn-key events supporting sponsorship programs
• Coordinate with the broader team on defining and running a calendar of events
• Assist Account Leads in supporting day-to-day needs for a technology client
• Development and management of specific materials related to individual events, including but not limited to management of accompanying digital platforms and all activation elements
• Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external partners as well as outside vendors and properties
• Lead the creation of event reports and recaps for each experiential event
• Create and handle program budgets and timelines
• A passion for music – this is not just a job for you
• 3+ years agency/client service experience with confirmed experience in music
• Experience in implementing marketing plans and events
• Experience with on-site management and execution
• Experience in document writing including status reports, recaps, industry/competitive analysis
• Some budget management and/or reconciliation experience
• Ability to maintain and strengthen relationships with key partners (e.g. venues, vendors, suppliers, etc.) and capacity to become the day-to-day client contact
• Outstanding interpersonal skills – both written and verbal, along with unfailing attention to detail
• Outstanding interpersonal and time-management skills including the ability to effectively balance multiple projects simultaneously that are deadline-sensitive; ability to optimally work as part of a team, as well as independently
• Excellent digital literacy, master of the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is a MUST
• Experience in virtual events and with technology brands a plus
• Ability and flexibility to travel and weekend/holiday work, as needed
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnk15m-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.