Senior Account Director, Tech PR
Rogers & Cowan / PMK
Century City, CA
R&CPMK is the preeminent integrated marketing and communications agency in global entertainment. The agency represents more than 400 of the most prominent and influential musicians, actors, producers, directors, content creators and athletes in the world, and creates distinctive integrated marketing campaigns for some of the largest brands and Fortune 500 companies.
We are a creative communications agency with insider access allowing us to influence trends and spark meaningful conversations. We leverage culture to create defining moments and experiences that stand the test of time. Our unique position, and the insight to know what to do with it, allows us to deliver the best of brand marketing with the best of entertainment strategies.
With offices in Los Angeles, New York and London, R&CPMK is part of the Octagon Sports and Entertainment Network.
Our Los Angeles office has an opening for a Marketing Manager, handling national marketing for a wide variety of accounts across entertainment, brands, talent, and consumer products. This is an account management position with our award-winning team, at the forefront of marketing and innovation; we are entrepreneurial and nimble; we are fun, experienced, and fresh.
The Marketing Manager will work across a wide variety of accounts from consumer products to talent to lifestyle and entertainment, to brands and hospitality, working closely with leadership on all accounts. The ideal candidate must have expert skills in communication, writing, grammar, and a passion for branding, social media, marketing, and digital communication. You must be equal parts analytical, creative, and entrepreneurial. This is a position, and a team, to grow with.
Working in collaboration with the team, you will directly execute marketing campaigns, participate in team creative sessions, utilize all digital and social media outlets, write copy, and engage in research. You will be a middle bench leader of the team, and an important one, focused jointly on leading and executing, while also participating in strategy. Being able to take direction, communicate, manage deadlines, and write will make you successful in this role. You need to be able to lead smaller accounts autonomously. You need to have an understanding of digital media and digital advertising, and be a detailed manager, able to lead others and manage tight turnarounds while digesting disparate content voices. This is an all-around position that requires all around skills. Our team will guide you through everything you need to know, skills and the ability to learn are the most important pieces.
The Fine Print:
• Four-year college degree, with 3-5 years post-college experience in digital and/or marketing and advertising.
• You must understand how digital advertising works and what looks good and works for consumers, having an understanding of what consumers want to see and engage with.
• Enthusiasm for social media, marketing, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
• Attention to detail. You will be generating assets and supervising deliverables, engaging in social media outlets for clients and writing copy.
• Deep knowledge of pop culture trends and every social media outlet, not just how they work, but their opportunities, shortcomings, and ways to manage them.
• Essential skills include ability to work as a member of a team; ability to take direction and execution; impeccable writing skills; creative mind and ideas; willingness to speak up; and ability to manage deadlines, being proactive and communicative.
• Possess the ability to lead smaller accounts autonomously or play a larger role in major accounts, ensuring nothing falls through the cracks.
• Ability to multitask multiple projects, a diverse workload, and tight deadlines; being able to determine production requirements by reviewing creative briefs and scheduling factors.
• Be organized and responsible for your own time management when meeting project deadlines.
• Interest in human behavior; what propels certain audiences to engage, purchase, attend, etc.
• Bring creative thinking and new ideas to the table, proactively sharing opinions and thoughts, and helping to build brands, and participate in team brainstorms, strategy, and ideation
• Willingness to work off hours, weekends, or holidays, on occasion.
• Outgoing personality with passion, drive, and ambition.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Rogers & Cowan/PMK is the preeminent integrated marketing and communications agency in global entertainment.