Are you interested in working with one of the most high-profile consumer brands in the world? We are looking for an enthusiastic and proactive Account Manager who has between 4-6 years of PR experience. We would like a passionate team member who will join our hardworking and tight-knit team based in Los Angeles. Ideally, you'll bring your specialist skills gained within the consumer/quick-service restaurant space (QSR) to compliment this growing team!
You will help to lead and develop communications strategies, provide expert client counsel and conduct media outreach - keeping our clients relevant with top media opportunities. As part of our team, you will also have a meaningful seat at the table, crafting strategy and programs with a fully integrated team for one of the world's most iconic and beloved brands.
The Fine Print
• Develop media opportunities and lead execution that keeps our client top of the conversation.
• Build strong consumer and trade media and influencer relationships with top media outlets and always be on the lookout for opportunities that lead to coverage.
• Work side-by-side with account directors to drive day-to-day business
• Proactively generate new insights and opportunities for both earned media and community programming/partnerships
• Bring your experience to build and maintain positive relationships with clients and other agency partners
• You recognize that excellent client service is the key to our success and that drives your daily interactions
• Develop and drive programs that resonate with media while accomplishing client objectives
• Manage time and responsibilities in an often fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Serve as a role model and mentor for junior team members
• A view that no task is too small for you to assist with when it comes to overall account team duties
• 4+ years of media relations experience, preferably achieved in a large agency
• Experience running day-to-day client service and project management of large, multi-channel brands with a wide range of internal and external partners;
• QSR experience is highly valued
• Highly proficient and passionate about all aspects of media relations and story development - you understand what generates news and how to adapt a pitch/angle to a local news writer vs. national beat reporter; experience with local media relations is a plus
• Have a strong interest in multicultural programming
• Experience successfully running simultaneous workstreams (both planning and execution)
• Ability to quickly grasp business needs and priorities, trending topics, and connect the dots in order to build timely media opportunities and strategies for clients
• Excellent writing and editorial skills for media-facing materials and content for clients
• Experience engaging with and presenting to mid-to senior-level clients. Outstanding judgment when working with media, team members, client contacts, and vendors
• Very organized with unfailing attention to detail
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0wb01-18-232-179-37-42 in your application.